• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Blind Shall Lead the Blind Pass

MonkeyK

Reaction score
The Blind Shall Lead the Blind Pass :cool: ??? :cool:

Ever smoke something that everyone says is great, but you just don't seem to see what they do? You, my friend are obviously BLIND. :0

As a newbie, most of what I buy is based on reviews/recommendations. Some of these are great, some not so great. Since I don't smoke that frequently, if I did not enjoyed my last experience with a cigar, I'm not likely to give it a second chance (especially considering the number of cigars that I have not yet given a first chance). As a result, I have accumulated a number of supposedly good cigars that I'm just not going try again.

If you have some cigars that are supposed to be good, based on reviews, price, recommendations, or past experience, but they don't do it for you, then this pass is for you.

RULES
1)Even though it's not for you, you must have reason to believe that your puts are good cigars. Reasons could include:
--rave reviews
--personal recommendations
--past experience
[/I]
2)You have to include a story for your puts. This is nothing huge, just a sentince or two, up to a novel if the mood strikes you. For the purpose of this pass a story could mean:
--how you were convinced to buy,
--what makes the cigar not for you
--a review,
--any combination of the above
--something else related to the put.

3)Typical Cigar Pass rules apply(that's a link)
However, in the case of this pass, quantity for quantity and value for value don't really make a lot of sense. As a guideline lets keep things to a minimum MSRP of $2. The goal here is to keep things out of the gutter, but common sense should prevail (for example a 5 year old connie 84 with an MSRP of $1.20 would still be an acceptable put). Obviously, if you bought a box of AF Anejos and found that you don't like them after all, they would be welcome here too. :thumbs:
4)No limit on number of puts or takes. Please be considerate of other players and try to make sure that those after you have a variety of cigars to choose from.
5)Communication is key. I expect pass members to post as their turns come up to let everyone know that they are available to recieve the pass.

If you can't deal with these rules, then this pass is not for you. Even if you are BLIND

I want to open this up to 10-12 members. Please PM me and post in this thread if you are interested. If there are any FOGs that would volunteer to review my final member list to weed out any scammers, I would appreciate it.

If there is interest, I plan to start this pass in early February. I have everything that I need except for a tupperware container (which I will be picking up this weekend)

My initial lineup will consist of about 24 cigars, none of them ISOM. Many will be repeats (there will be a total of about 11 different cigars).

And here is my initial lineup:

1) Onyx Reserve Mini Belicoso
2) Onyx Reserve Mini Belicoso
3) Oliva Master Blend Robusto
4) Oliva Master Blend Robusto
5) Oliva Master Blend Robusto
6) Oliva Bold Ovation
7) Oliva Bold Ovation
8) Macanudo Hyde Park Maduro
9) Macanudo Hyde Park Maduro
10) Punch Double Corona
11) Punch Double Corona
12) Perdomo2 Millenario Maduro
13) Perdomo2 Millenario Cameroon
14) CAO L'Anniversaire Maduro Belicoso
15) CAO L'Anniversaire Maduro Belicoso
16) CAO L'Anniversaire Extreme Corona
17) K. Hansotia Symphony Churchill
18) K. Hansotia Symphony Churchill
19) K. Hansotia Symphony Churchill
20) Perdomo LaTradicion Maduro 'R'
21) Perdomo LaTradicion Maduro 'R'
22) Perdomo LaTradicion Maduro 'R'
23) El Rey Del Mundo Robusto Larga
24) El Rey Del Mundo Robusto Larga
25) PAM Torpedo
26) PAM Torpedo

Pass order:
rknicker
smokers only
micker
gtphale
guinnessguy
ggiese
SFG75
christ0pher
knifeman
BrownDevil
melski

I want in!

I've got a big handfull of gars bought off of recommendations that didnt do anything for me!

WOW, I actually see some cigars on your starting list that I like quite a bit but my problem is I have no cigars in my humi that I don't like therefore I have nothing to put :( I sent all my garbage to moki last year and he promised "dog rocket reviews" which I'm still waiting for.

So sorry, I'll have to pass on this pass :(

coventrycat86 said:
WOW, I actually see some cigars on your starting list that I like quite a bit but my problem is I have no cigars in my humi that I don't like therefore I have nothing to put :( I sent all my garbage to moki last year and he promised "dog rocket reviews" which I'm still waiting for.
[snapback]162078[/snapback]​

Keep waiting... :)

moki said:
coventrycat86 said:
I sent all my garbage to moki last year and he promised "dog rocket reviews" which I'm still waiting for.

[snapback]162088[/snapback]​

Do you still even have all those dog rockets that people sent you Moki?

If so, why not send them to the troops? At least someone may find some enjoyment of them.

MilesMingusMonk said:
Do you still even have all those dog rockets that people sent you Moki?

If so, why not send them to the troops? At least someone may find some enjoyment of them.
[snapback]162090[/snapback]​

I think I do; I'll have to check the closet to see if Polly threw 'em out or not. I would not send these cigars to the troops; I specifically asked for "only send cigars you found absolutely unsmokable/disgusting" -- that's not the kind of thing I'd want to send to the troops (I've been sending friends of mine there boxes of smokable cigars on a regular basis).

moki said:
coventrycat86 said:

[snapback]162088[/snapback]​

You'll get nothing in return, except for my promise to smoke at least one of each cigar type sent, take pictures, and do a formal review of each smoke.

You made a promise then broke it.

Nice job moki. Looks like your word ain't worth $hit.

coventrycat86 said:

Nice job moki.  Looks like your word ain't worth $hit.
[snapback]162098[/snapback]​

Knew that was coming; at least you're predictable. I'll leave it up to everyone to decide for themselves what my word is worth. Now then, I think we should be courteous and not turn MonkeyK's pass thread into a pissing contest, don't you?

CC, I know what you mean about Moki. I sent him some potential puppy rockets that I just didn't trust the look of (one of them was actually on Lumberg's wishlist for a while). I figured that, while I might not try to smoke them, I would at least get the benefit of one of Moki's prosaic reviews. Alas, it was not to be. :(

I feel your pain CC, along with the pain of all others who were so fiendishly taken by this scamp.

And now that our Moki bashing turns my Pass thread into a hot topic on pretenses as false as Moki's "Great Dog Toss", I move that we leave the miserable wretch to his conscience.

moki said:
coventrycat86 said:

Nice job moki. Looks like your word ain't worth $hit.
[snapback]162098[/snapback]​

Knew that was coming; at least you're predictable. I'll leave it up to everyone to decide for themselves what my word is worth. Now then, I think we should be courteous and not turn MonkeyK's pass thread into a pissing contest, don't you?
[snapback]162102[/snapback]​

Well you seem to be intent on doing just that Andrew. I posted something relevant to the thread which was that he had some interesting sticks to offer but that I had nothing to put in their place. YOU chose to start a "pissing contest" and to keep it going with your smart-assed mouth.

The wife is going to kill me, but what the hell. Sign me up!. Nice set up you have!. BTW-My name and addy is under the avatar. ;)
-SFG

SFG75 said:
The wife is going to kill me, but what the hell.  Sign me up!.  Nice set up you have!.  BTW-My name and addy is under the avatar. ;)
-SFG
[snapback]162262[/snapback]​

Me too - I was attempting to resist another pass, BUT I JUST CAN'T!!!! This one sounds interesting, and I've got a couple of expensive dog rockets I can drop in the box I was a bit disappointed with that others were thrilled about...

I'd like in.... I'll shoot you a PM

George

Folks expressing interest so far in order of response:
1)rknicker
2)BrownDevil
3)christ0pher
4)micker
5)ggiese
6)knifeman
7)Melski
8)smokers only
9)SFG75
10)guinnessguy
11)gtphale

The list is now closed.

As far as I can tell everyone is OK. If anyone reading this thread thinks I should have some reservations about someone listed above, please let me know.

While I have been ruthless in weeding out the cigar patch, I see a few pesky fellows still hanging on. Though not exactly pooch projectiles, I'm willing to get rid of them....er, um I mean give them a chance in a new home. PM sent.