• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story

natejustice

Justice for all
I know most of you will probably already know this information but for those of us who don't, here is some background information on the stick..

Origin: Dominican Republic
Length: 4.00
Ring: 48
Strength: Mild-Medium
Wrapper Color: Medium Brown
Wrapper Type: Cameroon
Binder: DR
Filler: DR
Shape: Figurado

This was my first Figurado shaped smoke ever, so I was a little anxious to give this bad boy a try, its been in my humi for about 3 weeks now since acquiring it along with a Work of Art Maduro (WOAM) that I happened to find the other day but I decided to smoke this one first, and save the other for a bit..

After a hectic Thanksgiving Day I was very happily looking forward to lighting this bad boy up. Prelight aroma was the normal Fuente for me, absolutely delicious smelling, I could almost eat it..Outside it was freezing cold, in the mid teens, so I decided to head into the garage to smoke this bad boy, where it was still chilly, but hey smoking fine cigars is worth it..

First thing I noticed was how easy a figurado was able to be lit, I could not believe it, first draw was sweet and succulent, revealing a medium bodied beauty, that would for sure take me for a joyous ride I wouldn't soon forget. Aroma was very appealing after blowing out some smoke.. The taste was leathery, and woody, with a little bit of nut and spice thrown in. I could def. distinguish that it had a cameroon wrapper on it. Stayed solid the whole way down, with mostly Leather and wood tastes, with spice here and there, with every puff having a sweet taste to it, making me crave more and more.. Smoked it down to the nub, it gave a very relaxing 45 minutes worth of smoking pleasure. I was very pleased by this smoke, even with the 5 dollar price tag, I would go back for more anytime.

Great review, Nate. :)

I'll have to put this up against the LGC Reserva Figurado.

Thanks,
Wilkey

Those look really appealing, I am going to have to give one a try one of these days! :)

Ginseng said:

Thanks,
Wilkey
[snapback]254521[/snapback]​

i am really looking forward to trying this one. One of the botl is sending me some next week cant wait.

I really like these, I'm going to be smoking one of these for the ride home tonight in a few hours. :D

Don't worry about it DoubleD you will get to try this wonderfull cigar :cool: . I got a few for you just today.

Nice review. I find that these smokes are creamy and sweet. I can easily ash the entire cigar if I want to. Probably my favorite small smoke. Well, besides WOAM's :cool: .

Just picked up a WOAM, the other day...can't wait to try it after enjoying this natural short story so much. :)

OpusXKC said:
Don't worry about it DoubleD you will get to try this wonderfull cigar :cool: . I got a few for you just today.

Nice review. I find that these smokes are creamy and sweet. I can easily ash the entire cigar if I want to. Probably my favorite small smoke. Well, besides WOAM's :cool: .
[snapback]254656[/snapback]​

nate, just make sure you have sometime to sit back and enjoy the WOAM goodness. :cool:

Ginseng said:

Thanks,
Wilkey
[snapback]254521[/snapback]​

The short Story is very nice, but I liked the one LGC Felicias I've smoked so far a bit more. I hope the rest of the ones I have smoke as well. VERY tastey! :thumbs:

natejustice said:
I was very pleased by this smoke, even with the 5 dollar price tag, I would go back for more anytime.
[snapback]254506[/snapback]​

This is one of my favorite cigars, for me 35-45 minutes is the ideal amount of time therefore the short story or the chateau fuente are go to smokes.

The SS takes me about 45 mins to smoke. I really nurse this cigar and try to smoke at least 1 a year. I really like them and I limit myself so they are always have a special place in my heart when I smoke one. :D

Nate,

Are WOAM normally available at shops that have a good selection of Fuente? I don't believe I've ever seen one at my local shop...but then I might not have been looking very hard :whistling:

Wilkey

natejustice said:
Just picked up a WOAM, the other day...can't wait to try it after enjoying this natural short story so much. :)

OpusXKC said:
Don't worry about it DoubleD you will get to try this wonderfull cigar  :cool: . I got a few for you just today.

Nice review. I find that these smokes are creamy and sweet. I can easily ash the entire cigar if I want to. Probably my favorite small smoke. Well, besides WOAM's  :cool: .
[snapback]254657[/snapback]​

Nice :D The LGC RF Felicias are the same way. You can end up with a cute little ash-replica of the entire cigar. :thumbs:

Wilkey

OpusXKC said:
I can easily ash the entire cigar if I want to.

I was looking for them a couple of weeks ago at some of the shops around here, and nobody had them in stock and didn't know if they would. Earlier this week, I happened to ask the guy at my local shop I frequent, he went and searched, and he had one single WOAM that he got at a show or somewhere like that and forgot that he had it, I got it for $7. :)

Ginseng said:
Nate,

Are WOAM normally available at shops that have a good selection of Fuente? I don't believe I've ever seen one at my local shop...but then I might not have been looking very hard :whistling:

Wilkey

natejustice said:
Just picked up a WOAM, the other day...can't wait to try it after enjoying this natural short story so much.  :)

OpusXKC said:
Don't worry about it DoubleD you will get to try this wonderfull cigar  :cool: . I got a few for you just today.

Nice review. I find that these smokes are creamy and sweet. I can easily ash the entire cigar if I want to. Probably my favorite small smoke. Well, besides WOAM's  :cool: .
[snapback]254657[/snapback]​
[snapback]254707[/snapback]​

Nice when serendipity strikes :)

Wilkey

natejustice said:
I was looking for them a couple of weeks ago at some of the shops around here, and nobody had them in stock and didn't know if they would. Earlier this week, I happened to ask the guy at my local shop I frequent, he went and searched, and he had one single WOAM that he got at a show or somewhere like that and forgot that he had it, I got it for $7. :)

I got DoubleD a few SS's not WOAM's. If I found some WOAM's around I would definately buy "some". ;)

Ginsing-- Yea by the end of a SS the little burn replica is kinda cool. When I am smoking them people ask "Shouldn't you drop off that ash. It is going to fall off". Thirty five minutes later. I prove them wrong. I think I will have to smoke one and take a pic so I can show you. :cool:

OpusXKC said:
Ginsing-- Yea by the end of a SS the little burn replica is kinda cool. When I am smoking them people ask "Shouldn't you drop off that ash. It is going to fall off". Thirty five minutes later. I prove them wrong. I think I will have to smoke one and take a pic so I can show you. :cool:
[snapback]254731[/snapback]​

You mean like this? :cool:

LCGlongash.jpg

Wilkey

Yea, that is exactaly what I am speaking of. Good work :thumbs:

Ginseng said:
OpusXKC said:
Ginsing-- Yea by the end of a SS the little burn replica is kinda cool. When I am smoking them people ask "Shouldn't you drop off that ash. It is going to fall off". Thirty five minutes later. I prove them wrong. I think I will have to smoke one and take a pic so I can show you.  :cool:
[snapback]254731[/snapback]​

You mean like this? :cool:

LCGlongash.jpg

Wilkey
[snapback]254735[/snapback]​

WOW!!! :love: it! Good work nothing beats a great smoke with long ash :)