• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I've been slacking in my reviews

Ginseng

Banned
I've been just busy, busy, busy with teaching and writing this summer and opportunities to really dig into a cigar have been few and far between. The crushing hot and humid weather has been no help either. While I've been able to sneak in casual smokes and even a herf or two, I haven't had the chance to do an intensive review.

And so, to put a little fire under my butt and to give everyone a sneak peek at what's coming down the line, here is a photo of the cigars I have lined up for review in the coming weeks. These are some of my most pressing "project" smokes. In addition, I hope to be wrapping up the original "Vitasea" series and then unveiling the second set of his cigars. I'll be looking for someone to help me with a specific group in this second set so if you're interested and have no fear, drop me a PM. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbs-up.gif)

(IMG:http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h73/Gins...ngReviews01.jpg)
From left to right:
Special pairing - AVO LE5 original release and second release
Wolters German LCDH Bolivar Gold Medal
Montecristo Especiales 1970's
Taboada Doble Robusto
Special pairing - Partagás Serie D. No. 4 Reserva and Vitasea specimen

I should add that it is through the generosity of some of the finest brothers of the leaf that I have been able to come across these exceptional cigars. I am grateful for being given the chance to try them and I hope that my reviews will have you smoking along with me in spirit.

Wilkey

Damn fine selection you have there!
I will especially be looking forward tot he GOld Medal review...it is one of the very few cigars on the wishlist still, and love reading about them.
Enjoy, and GET ON THE BALL!

Wilkey - some fine looking sticks there. I have enjoyed your reviews, as Smokelaw said, get on it! :)

Seriously, thanks for the effort you put into your reviews, they are great for a newbie like myself, very educational.

PM me if you'd like me to take over your job...you'll have to supply the fine smokes...but I'll gladly write the review....hmmmmm...will write for smokes! :D

Nice selection!

Damn, fine line-up, Wilkey. Looking forward to the reviews...especially the Vitasea PSD4 Reserva. I had one of those a while ago and interested to see what you thought.

Yeah! I have a few reviews lined up as well... nothing as fancy as yours though ;)

Can't wait to read them bro!

Just so you guys don't get the impression that my cigar reviewing is always so serious. ;) I'm also working on a "ghetto series" exploration of the wild and wooly world of blunts, cheroots, and other mass-market sub-premium smokes. Here is the first set consisting of three White Owl Blunts Xtra Tubos. From left to right are Pineapple, Strawberry, and Grape. They have homogenized tobacco leaf wrappers and are short filler (I'm pretty sure but I will be dissecting) and are beyond flavored. Just opening one tube releases the ultrastrong scent of stylized fruit all over my basement. In terms of the strength of the scent, they are a league beyond my humble Moontrance.

WhiteOwlFlavors01.jpg

Wilkey
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Get some Natty Ice to go with that Grape White Owl

Ap,

I was thinking of picking up some of the beverages reviewed here for accompanying the White Owls and Swishers. Perhaps AVB can apply his prodigious experience with alcoholic beverages in a review of these fine "wines."

Wilkey

Ap,

I was thinking of picking up some of the beverages reviewed here for accompanying the White Owls and Swishers. Perhaps AVB can apply his prodigious experience with alcoholic beverages in a review of these fine "wines."

Wilkey

Dude...don't do it. Your brain will thank me. Smoke the grape white owls if you must...but stay away.

This warning brought to you by Wild Irish Rose, your Celtic Bad One.

That's some fine collection of smokes in the second set of photos. I don't know if this bunch can discern the faint aromas and tastes that flavored White Owls possess, especially with some age on them, two to three weeks in a special humidified envoirment, like the local gas station.

Wilkey, I know only you can do justice to that very special collection, enjoy them and please share your findings :thumbs:

Ap,

Wilkey
:laugh:
That "MD 20/20 Red Grape Wine" would be the pick there...

Here's a snip from the review...
"As majestic as the cascading waters of a drain pipe.."
:laugh: :laugh:
"Avaliable in various nauseating tropical flavors that coat your whole system like bathtub scum, but only the full "Red Grape Wine" flavor packs the 18% whallop"
:laugh: :laugh:

I'm very interested in your thoughts and impressions on the Taboada. I have a few of the precious ones in my cooler resting for the inevitible end.... :p I'll look forward to comparing notes.

I had one of those exact Vitasea "PSD's" some time back. I can't remember anything about it off the top of my head but I'll check my notes. As I recall a regular old PSD4 whipped its ass.... :p

Cheers - B.B.S.

Looking forward to them Wilkey, nice lineup you got there.

Curious on the Monti especially, but I'm sure they'll all be nice reads.

:thumbs:

...especially the Vitasea PSD4 Reserva. I had one of those a while ago and interested to see what you thought.

I, too, smoked one the "Vitasea special" PSD#4 Reserva's. I remember thinking that it was not very real , too many flaws and issues. And then I got harrassed by another member on this board who swore it was real.

I would really like your opinion on this, Wilkey! Looking foward to reading your review. :)

-Fetter

I don't think anyone is surprised by the amount of interest we have in your reviews, Wilkey. It is always great reading, and your writing often opens my eyes to issues, flavors, adn sensations I may have noticed, but not really focused on.
Look forward to them.

I'll be looking for someone to help me with a specific group in this second set

I would be glad to review one of those 70s Montes for you! :D

I don't think anyone is surprised by the amount of interest we have in your reviews, Wilkey. It is always great reading, and your writing often opens my eyes to issues, flavors, adn sensations I may have noticed, but not really focused on.
Look forward to them.

Well stated! Your reviews make cigar smoking more interesting.
Keep them coming Wilkey.

Brian

WIlkey once you smoke the especiale Let me know what you think. The ones I have smoke from the late 80's and late 90's have beer something truley rewarding.