• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need some info on some Don Peppin's

symyn

I found out some horrible news today, my local (LA local) B&M which is actually a wine shop is shutting down its humidor. You may ask why is this horrible, you live in CA and they have horrible taxes you should look at this as a blessing, but the truth of the matter is they have Tatuaje's in plenty. The good news is all boxes are 20% and singles are 10%. Bad news is I just bought all the Unicos they had, so if you live near there you are fucked. ;) Good news is they still have full boxes Cojonu 2003 and 2006, bad news the wife probably won't let me buy anymore cigars this month ;)

So on to my real question, they had a bunch boxes (like 40) of the Don or Jose (I forget the first name that was on the box) Peppin, one with a white label and a M and the other with a brown label and a palm like tree. On the box it said heco de mano something something Nicurgua. I have done a couple of searches but can't find any info on this particular cigar. I smelled a couple of the open boxes and they smelled very good.

Help me solves this mystery as this might be a good time to stock up on some boxes. :)

Thanks Jabba, I spell it wrong all the time, this will rightfully give me a mental reminder to spell it correctly.

Just my humble opinion but if Don "Pepin" Garcia blended it, chances are its a damn fine smoke. Not sure if I know the exact ones youre talking about but if you pick a few up I'd be more than happy to buy a few. Im in the midst of selling my soul for Pepin Blue Label and his Vegas Cubana smokes and want to try everything he has out. I would really be interested in getting a couple of each of the ones you are talking about.

I dont' know what they are, but if they are Pepins I am in for a split big time!

Nate

Let me get some more info and maybe take some pics. I will let you know if I can get some more info out of them.

symyn, whether they know what they are or not I would be in for about $30 to $40
worth of sticks in a toro or churchill format, anything but torpedos.

Let me know what you find out.

The Don Pepin Garcias with the white label say "Don Pepin Garcia" (no M) and have a second label that says Serie JJ.

Am not aware of any with a brown label and palm trees.

Don Pepin Garcia Signatures (blue label) and Vegas Cubanas (gold label with a crown) are available at very reasonable prices from Top Shelf Cigar (800-304-7183). The Top Shelf Signature Selects, made for this shop by Pepin, are the bomb!

I know about the Serie JJ, these were different.

Dirick,

I will buy a box this next Tuesday and we will see :)

Went down to the store to find out that today is the last day the cigar shop will be open, in fact it was supposed to be shut down on Sunday, but the guy who orders the cigars was at the shop and he gave me a bit more info on these cigars.

These specific cigars are called Don Pepin and they were made exclusivly for The Wine House located in West Los Angeles. The difference between the M and the brown palm tree is that the M are maduro and the palm tree are natural. I guess these boxes have been in this shop for awhile so they have some age (a couple of years is what he said) on them. With the cigar part of the business shutting down I had buy buy buy ;)

I basically got an assortment of boxes in both flavors, Robustos, Rothchilds, Torpedos, Torpeditas (smaller torpedo, that I am actually smoking right now, more on this later) and Coronas. The coronas have a nice little pig tail at the end :) All the Tatuaje's that were there this past Thursday were gone :( except the Petite Tatuaje's so I bought another box of those ;) The debit card was damaged a bit, but I wanted to get enough so that I could let you guys try some of these.

I will give a review on the Torpeditas in a bit. All in all a very productive night :)

So does that mean you have some for trade/sale :whistling:

PM sent, Ive got some money set aside to buy me some Pepin's from our shop right now but if these are good I'd like to get some of these instead, I can get the ones from the shop anytime.

Is it evident I'm a Pepin whore ??? :whistling:

I will answer all your PM's when I get to work. I just got done taking pictures of these guys and boy do they smell and look good. I will post these in a couple of hours.

Wow that sounds like a very nice pick-up if they have a couple years of age on them! Nice score! I have never seen a Don Pepin in cello though. That seems odd. THanks for the picks though, they sure look purty! :thumbs: Anything from Pepin seems to be outstanding right now.

Brandon

OH YEAH, PM sent again x2
Im open to whatever youre willing to do here.
Keep me informed :love:

ps
picasa is a great thing :thumbs:

Thanks for hooking a brotha up, Josh! Can't wait to get these! :thumbs:

Are you gonna post any in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum?

If I have any left Steve :)

If you like them just shoot me a PM we can work something out :)

Humidor is still open...I will go back on Friday for the
DP's.
T :cool: