• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Weekend Project

denverdog

Not now chief, I’m in the F**kin zone.
A while back the wife and I were trying to figure out what to do with our basement. She thought it would be a good play room and catch all for toys, I thought it would make a great smoking and game room. Once we found out that we had another little one on the way and my stuff was getting kicked out of the guest bedroom, the basement was destined to become my new office/man room. This past weekend I finally found the time to clear it out and start the transformation with the help of my bro. We ran over to Home Depot to snag a few things and while we were there the wife says "Why don't you get one of those fans and at least see if it will work so you can smoke down there." After I picked myself up off the floor and gave her a kiss, I ran to the aisle and snagged the biggest one they had! So far the room is about half way done but I thought I would post some pictures of the progress.

Before
120352.jpg

After - I am planning to get a locking liquor cabinet to put underneath the window. The ventilation fan is located near the closest edge of the rug in the middle of the room.
073415.jpg

After - There is another room behind the camera which will house the foosball table and dart board. Its also where we set up the poker table.
073524.jpg

Ventilation Fan - Nutone QT300. I was planning to go with a larger fan (400CFM vs 300CFM) but they had this one in stock so I decided to give it a shot. I vented it out right next to the fresh air and dryer ducts using 5" duct. The unit is rated @ 4.5 sones which I find to be comfortably quiet.
120617.jpg

The Test - Once the guys found out I was putting this together they decided that we needed to break it in with a poker night. There were a total of 6 of us and we all had sticks burning throughout the evening. The fan did a nice job but 6 cigars at once may have been pushing it. I left it on for a couple of hours after they left along with the air purifier and the next day there was only a light smell of cigars. I have since smoked a couple of cigars down there since and the room is usually clear of any smell within an hour or so.

Congrats on acquiring the man room! Keep us updated.

You people make me sick :angry:

But I am happy for you :)

Good I was looking at the same fan.. I was also looking at a larger one myself. I might go with that one. I am still planning out the ventilation. Glad it worked for you!

Sweet!

I can't wait for this summer when I get to start my project. The room is built, just needs insulation, finishing, fan, and furnishing!

Congrats! We all need our own space.

Very nice denverdog.

Congrats on the new smoking room. :thumbs:

Sweet - I need to start thinking about doing something like that. I have gone 3 weeks without a smoke. I have of course bought 2 boxes from Al - just in case it starts to warm up

Just got done smoking a nice Gurkha......although it was outside and 20 degrees. I need a man room.

I guess we know where the next Annual CP herf will take place. Great set up. :thumbs:

Good work Jonas! Maybe one day I'll have a similar room/space... :thumbs:

How do you keep it heated dumping 300 cfm of heated inside air outside? I have a little room of about 70sqft with a 115 cfm fan and a 20,000 BTU kero heater can't keep it warm in the winter.

Glad it's working out for you though.

One day I will build my man room! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Right now it's still just a garage! he he

Hope it works out!

Good stuff right there Jonas!!! Keep that wife of yours around bro!!!
:thumbs: