• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The screw you thread!

puffstuff

I've been censored by a few different manufacturers for the threads I run here. I risk losing those accounts if I advertise too low of a price. Turned in by a fellow vendor here at CP, (no I will not be revealing who it is, because it was only a verbal communication from the vendors, second hand) I will tell you that it's a newer vendor around here.
So what happens now? We'll have to do something new, now if anyone has a problem with this please let me know.

Find the best price on the internet, PM me with who it is and their price and I'll beat it by a bunch and include shipping. In the future if this works, I will just list the cigar and the time frame available, if it's o.k. with the majority around here.

Today the cigar is The Pepin El Centurion all sizes

Al

What a dick!  Thanks for continuing to be a stand up guy Al, sorry to hear you got done like that

Al,

That truly sucks!

I'll have to keep an eye on your future "Screw You" offerings.

Wilkey

$hitty thing to do, Al. Glad you are sticking to your guns. You have my business, fugger :)

I found a box of Sharks for $200, can you beat that Al? :sign:

A NEWER VENDOR, eh. The bastid. Off with his head.

Doc.

sorry to hear that al. i had a similar situation happen with me recently. i sent out an email blast advertising a certain cigar with a buy 2 get 1 free special. i got a call from rep saying i couldnt advertise his cigars that cheap. the funny thing is that he eluded that it was a vendor on this very forum that taddled on me. :angry:

That is a pretty lame and sh*tty thing to do, what is the point of competion then? I am with everyone else Al thanks for being a true BOTL and looking out for your people. :thumbs:

I say out the fucker. Cry baby can't stand his profits dwindling, fuck em. And to complain to the MFG's... Do they really care? They're selling their cigars at a wholesale, then retailers then sell for whatever they should damn well feel like selling them for.

Keep on kicking ass Al.

Maybe Rod should consider restricting the Hot Cigar Deals and Trading Forums to log-in member access only, to prevent this problem. If it's off the open forum, it may be less of an issue.

It would suck to see some of these screaming deals fade away because some disgruntled vendor doesn't like the competition.

puffstuff

Do you have a website? If so, I'll check it out.
If not...I'll PM you when I'm ready to buy.

But I also understand the viewpoint of a vendor, as I was once attempting to start a biz (not cigar related).
Completely different industry. Let's just say that the industry I considered,...pricing levels were ignored.
Set discount levels of pricing for various distribution levels (retailer, warehouse, etc.) were basically ignored
because of "friends", to the point where...even if you were at the top tier warehouse distributor level...even
if you gave product away at cost,..a particular "friend" would still beat your pricing. In short, even if you gave
away the product for free...you couldn't move inventory. And if you complained to the manufacturer...they didn't care so
long as they were moving product/inventory.

Sorry to hijack your thread a bit. Just thought I would share a bit of insight I have on this topic.
I am currently interested in a box of Padrons. The upcoming 80th Anniversary edition ones...

Sorry to hear that Al! I would have to say out the fugger too!

sorry to hear that al. i had a similar situation happen with me recently. i sent out an email blast advertising a certain cigar with a buy 2 get 1 free special. i got a call from rep saying i couldnt advertise his cigars that cheap. the funny thing is that he eluded that it was a vendor on this very forum that taddled on me. :angry:

That's shit. I'd like to know who it is so I know never to buy from them. PM Sent.

Out his ass, I won't buy from em.

Maybe consider doing specials via email. Just a thought.

Guys, I cannot out someone on hearsay. They were well within there legal rights to notify a manufacturer of someone not complying with the manufacturers respective policy. Since the Supreme Court ruled Manufacturers have the right to set minimum prices. So I cannot out them due to possible legal ramifications for myself.

Al