• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Good Dr. Insight Blind Taste Test for Moki AKA 1492 time

insight

Making friends everywhere!
The Good Dr. Insight Blind Taste Test for Moki #1

Summary

One evil pirate has been chosen to receive three unbanded cigars of various origins, price points, and quality. The cigars will be naked (stripped of any bands/cedar), in individual numbered plastic baggies. The participant hasn't paid shit so who knows what I am sending him. He is going to post his three reviews here with pics or a video link and following the guidelines below. When all three reviews have been posted I will reveal to him (and you) what he smoked. I will probably explain my logic in why I chose the cigars I did at that time. Everything is packed up and ready to go out tomorrow so it should reach Andrew by Monday, then the fun begins.

The Participants

The following poor unfortunate soul will be participating in this blind taste test:

Moki - DC# 0103 8555 7496 5802 9665

The Goal

To give Andrew a chance (again) to be on the other side of the test.

The Reviews

Once you receive your cigars, start smoking! I would appreciate it if you didn't smoke these on the shitter, feed them to Kumba, or smoke them under conditions that would otherwise fubar your opportunity to provide insight and observation (but thems your cigars now so you can do what you want).

Review Guidelines

What you're reviewing is the taste of the cigar. I have not clipped these cigars (to avoid accidental damage). You can do whatever the hell you want in terms of measuring them, licking them etc... if you want to be a dirty cheater!

Since I have ulterior motives I have asked Andrew to take some pics or video while reviewing. I am also sort of mixing his guidelines from the blind tests he has hosted on this board. Here we go:

Cigar #: the number of the cigar you smoked

First 1/3rd: 1-10, 10 being the best... how good was the first 1/3rd of this cigar?

Middle 1/3rd: 1-10, 10 being the best... how good was the middle 1/3rd of this cigar?

Final 1/3rd: 1-10, 10 being the best... how good was the final 1/3rd of this cigar?

Summary: be as long or as short as you like, describing what you tasted when you smoked the cigar, your impressions of it, etc.

Price: how much do you think this cigar sells for?

Country of origin (optional):

Marca (optional):

So that we're all on the same page, here are some general guidelines on the 1-10 ratings above:

10 - Best cigar ever, I would volunteer to be Mr Hands for another one.
9 - fantastic cigar, I would give up villainy and piracy for more.
8 - excellent cigar, I would sell Phil Opus Maduros to raise money for more
7 - good cigar, I would sell Phil Anejos with Opus bands and tell him they were Opus Maduros for more.
6 - pretty good cigar, I would smoke this in the barn if you handed it to me
5 - okay cigar, meh
4 - not my thing: I would feed this to Kumba after a third
3 - not a good cigar, I would feed this cigar to Hotboy instead of smoking it
2 - no thanks... I would rather smoke a cigarette.
1 - vomit... I would rather smoke pole

Enjoy!

For your reference: How to master the art of tasting cigars

Will the cigars have to be smoked within 1/2 hour of each other?! :thumbs:

Thanks for the humor. Andrew, please spare us those blowjob-angle video cam reviews. :laugh:

Thanks for the humor. Andrew, please spare us those blowjob-angle video cam reviews. :laugh:

LOL!!! I was just reading your original quote about the filming angle last night and it may be my favorite thing I've read on CP!!!

This will be fun to watch. I love the word villainy.

I know this isn't targeted at me so the poor victim that will be trying the Banana Cognac Blunt will enjoy it. :laugh:

I received 3 cigars with cryptic instructions in the mail yesterday! :D I will try to do one of them on Wednesday (but I usually don't smoke cigars during the week).

Cigar Review #1:

Moki said:
Cigar #: 1

First 1/3rd: 3/10 -- started off very bitter, which morphed into a sort of a oven cleaner aftertaste. Don't ask why I know what oven cleaner tastes like.

Middle 1/3rd: 5.5/10 the cigar smoothed out a bit after starting up nasty initially. This makes me think either the cigar is rather old, and has been stored poorly, or the cigar is very fresh. I'm leaning towards the former.

Final 1/3rd: 5/10 -- still has hints of shoe polish, and reminds me of an old Opus X Fuente Fuente that I had which was stored badly and developed a nasty taste to it.

Summary: be as long or as short as you like, describing what you tasted when you smoked the cigar, your impressions of it, etc.

Price: how much do you think this cigar sells for? $9.50

Country of origin (optional): Dominican

Marca (optional): Opus X

I could be completely wrong on this one... but it tasted sorta like an Opus gone really, really bad. I did not enjoy this cigar, and I wouldn't smoke it again. It finished better than it started, but that isn't much of a compliment.

Cigar #1 was actually...... something you will find out when all three have been reviewed.

Cigar Review #1:

Moki said:
This makes me think either the cigar is rather old, and has been stored poorly, or the cigar is very fresh.

Final 1/3rd: 5/10 -- still has hints of shoe polish, and reminds me of an old Opus X Fuente Fuente that I had which was stored badly and developed a nasty taste to it.

Blame the person who stored the cigar, not the cigar itself.

I like it. :thumbs:

Nice way to cover your tracks Moki.

Hehe the cigar has been at between 64-67% its entire life except during its transport from its original home to me, which was no more than a 3 day period.

Hehe the cigar has been at between 64-67% its entire life except during its transport from its original home to me, which was no more than a 3 day period.

Just called it like I tasted it... it's either a good cigar gone bad, or it's just a bad cigar. Since it tasted like some aged cigars I've had that did not take kindly to their interment, that was my guess. :/