• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Minister Humidors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Humidor Minister

I feel kind of strange posting as a retalier. I was looking for the rules for this area but got an error that said "404 error" can someone point me in the right direction for the rules of this section?
In the mean time, here's some pics of some Humidors I've built for other members and now offer here in the retail section.
359943513.jpg

359943504.jpg

359943498.jpg

359943492.jpg

359943488.jpg

359295065.jpg

359294952.jpg

362703898.jpg

362703867.jpg

Prices for 100+ct similar to this begin at $800.00 Please enjoy.

Those are sure some beauties. I know I will never own one, so I am sure glad that you post pics for us to enjoy. They are truly works of art. No doubt that you are extremely talented at your hobby.
B

I will be getting a very rare wood soon and only have enough for 2 to 4 humidors here's a copy of the description from my supplier. If you are interested let me know. I'll have pics shortly.

Thanks,

About Crema Etimoe
The log buyer at the factory said he had never seen a tree like this during his many years in the veneer industry. In fact, he didn’t want to give it up but I begged and pleaded my case and he graciously agreed to let us bring back a few bundles of this incredible veneer. It is believed that this Crema Etimoe came from an area near the Limbe coast in Cameroon, Africa. The reps at the veneer mill are unsure whether this extremely high-figured veneer is a unique species of etimoe or simply a very rare occurrence of growth caused by fungi or odd soil conditions.

362874703.jpg

I have stated it before, but will say it again:

"All my smoking life I have wanted an Eli Blue, until I met you."

Look forward to my one day order, but do not make plans for that money for a little while yet. :thumbs:

Hey GB I'm working on yours tonight. I made a nice little inlay for the top and I'm using the ancient Kauri for some of it as well. I should be done this coming weekend if everything goes well.

Hey GB I'm working on yours tonight. I made a nice little inlay for the top and I'm using the ancient Kauri for some of it as well. I should be done this coming weekend if everything goes well.
Take your time. I just get a little excited every time I see one your pieces of artwork. :p

Yes sir, you've certainly mastered the router and Leigh jig. When you can do, what you do with a chisel and dovetail saw, give me a ring. Then, you'll be worth what you're charging these folks. :whistling:

Doc.

Yes sir, you've certainly mastered the router and Leigh jig. When you can do, what you do with a chisel and dovetail saw, give me a ring. Then, you'll be worth what you're charging these folks. :whistling:

Doc.

First of all. I don't own anything made by Leigh so you're wrong. Second of all, the tools I do use took years to master the accuracy. Unless you've done it, don't make foolish comments like that. 3rd, even using the tools I do use, it still takes many, many hours to make these. You're right though, if I did use a Leigh it probably would be easier. I have an idea, why don't you give one a try?
Let me know how it goes.

Doc.

First of all. I don't own anything made by Leigh so your wrong. Second of all, the tools I do use took years to master the accuracy. Unless you've done it, don't make foolish comments like that. 3rd, even using the tools I do use, it still takes many, many hours to make these. You're right though, if I did use a Leigh it probably would be easier. I have an idea, why don't you give one a try?
Let me know how it goes.

That's "you're" not "your." :whistling: Also, you used a period after "First of all" when you should have used a comma.

Mouthing off to senior members and wrongly jumping to conclusions seems to be a pattern of bad behavior on your part.

Not good, not good at all.

What kinds of router(s) do you have? Also what kind of dovetail jig do you use?

I hope you understand that the criticism has been getting a little old. I use a number of routers. A Porter Cable 7518 3.25 hp. I use 2 different Incra fences for my dovetails and box joints. I've spent a few years developing my own methods of doing the joints I do. The way they tell you to do these joints will get you started but won't make them perfect.

I hope you understand that the criticism has been getting a little old. I use a number of routers. A Porter Cable 7518 3.25 hp. I use 2 different Incra fences for my dovetails and box joints. I've spent a few years developing my own methods of doing the joints I do. The way they tell you to do these joints will get you started but won't make them perfect.

Well not really. Your reaction at the very first indication of criticism more often than not has been pretty over the top which is probably why you continue to find more and more of it coming your way than you'd like.

Being a half-assed woodworker myself, I personally find your posts here to be pretty darned interesting, I really enjoyed that inlay tutorial. Hell, that's better than anything I ever remember seeing in Fine Woodworking and I've been subscribing to that magazine since sometime in the mid 1980s.

However, many of the rest of the audience assembled think you're only here to promote your business and that's much more of a problem for you than any of the "criticism" you're receiving from me.

I have all sorts of inlay techniques I'd be happy to share. Honestly, I'd rather help someone build a humi themselves than have them buy one from me. You know as well as I do though, it takes a lot of tools to do something like this. I have given away quite a few pieces just for the fun we had. Never sold anything on the sites where I did that. (At least I don't rember selling anything) Anyway, if you guys don't mind a few "How to's" I'm happy to help anyone do it themselves. I can make what seems to be the most complex designs a piece of cake. Here's a design on a turning I did a few years ago. This is done with very few pieces but glued, cut and glued again.
363311295.jpg

Doc.

You aren't going to start with the 20 miles uphill both ways again, are you?

There's no reason for this thread to become derailed too. If you guys don't like this thread, don't post in it. Simple as that. The drama is getting old, again...

There's no reason for this thread to become derailed too. If you guys don't like this thread, don't post in it. Simple as that. The drama is getting old, again...

Thanks Rod for this post.
Devil Doc and Coventry Cat seem to be ganging up yet again, and this time I feel it's certainly not warranted.
I can attest to the quality of Humidor Minister's work and its well worth the $800 he's charging for one of his museum pieces!
I was lucky enough to win his ashtray that he donated to help the wounded warriors fund raffled off at the Quad State herf (see Signature photo), It's absolutely beautiful. Doc, I think you ought to go after some more rant worthy people and leave the good guys alone, and Bill, well, we all know YOU'RE (correct usage, as in YOU ARE) an a$$hole!. Love you dude, but you gotta admit this is out of bounds! Fire away!

Status
Not open for further replies.