• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opus X Double Robusto Maduro?

dannykcha

Hey guys,

I recently purchased a couple of these from CD. They're listed as Opus X Double Robusto Maduro. They have the regular band, cedar wrapped, and a black ribbon foot, but I can't find a single reference site or info on them ever being released. I thought that they might be the Scorpio Maduros, as those are also known as "Double Robusto" sized, but I know that those have a thicker ring gauge, second band, and the lack of the cedar-wrap.

I haven't been able to find ANY info on the internet or on moki's vitola site, but they look just like the cedar-wrapped, black ribbon footed, maduro robustos that came with the large Forbidden humidor, but obviously mine are Double Robustos, not as big/thick as the Scorpios (which I have a regular-wrapped one to compare to.

Can anyone help me with some info?? It would be MUCH APPRECIATED!! Thanks in advance!!!

If you're [URL="http://www.vitolas.net/displayimage.php?album=1&pos=24]lucky.[/URL]

Hey guys,

I recently purchased a couple of these from CD. They're listed as Opus X Double Robusto Maduro. They have the regular band, cedar wrapped, and a black ribbon foot, but I can't find a single reference site or info on them ever being released. I thought that they might be the Scorpio Maduros, as those are also known as "Double Robusto" sized, but I know that those have a thicker ring gauge, second band, and the lack of the cedar-wrap.

I haven't been able to find ANY info on the internet or on moki's vitola site, but they look just like the cedar-wrapped, black ribbon footed, maduro robustos that came with the large Forbidden humidor, but obviously mine are Double Robustos, not as big/thick as the Scorpios (which I have a regular-wrapped one to compare to.

Can anyone help me with some info?? It would be MUCH APPRECIATED!! Thanks in advance!!!
Some pics might help.

Photo's would help.

What's "CD"?

I know it what Freebert 'does' on weekends....but as a cigar source, not clear.

Tough to say, i have seen fakes of these. Most of the real ones are just donked up scorpio maduros. I can tell you that the real deal is almost certainly never coming from cigarsdirect, and if it was it wouldnt be 5 bucks more than the standard double robo (by their pricing)

I take back the statement about it not being the same size as a Scorpio. I meant a Taurus the Bull, so that comment is irrelevant

Anyways, here are some pictures (couldn't post earlier since I was using my iPad and it always shows CP in the mobile-version.)

Here are the Double-Robusto Maduros next to a Robusto (gift-tin version) and DC Edicion de Aniversario (which seems to be the same exact size.) Just want to know more about the double robusto maduro since I can't find any info on it anywhere. Made me scratch my head a bit that it looked like a regular production Opus, albeit very limited, but then did not have the gold print on the cello either. While smelling each cigar's foot, they both do have that distinctive Opus smell, but my mind could be playing tricks on me. Also, I know that this happens often with cigars, but the band easily slid up and down on the one I opened. The color of the maduro wrapper under the cedar-sleeve was splotchy/inconsistent as well. Just some extra info for you guys.

Sorry for sounding like an idiot, but just wanted to get everyone's opinion on these (Especially since I've done research on pretty much every Opus ever made and have never come across samples of this size, other than the Scorpio maduros, which are packaged completely different.) Thanks in advance everyone!

photoafs.jpg

photo1zx.jpg

photo2xrv.jpg

Also, "CD", as in the website that has/sells every Opus for insane prices. :whistling:

It is for sure not an old school opus maduro wrapper, they are not that dark. The older 'opus maduro' wrapper and the current maduro wrapper are totally different leaf strains and appear very differently. Additionally, most of the older ones had the embossed type on the cello, it is very rare to get a cello'd stick from fuente that is blank. As I said, my guess would be it is either fake or a scorpio maduro somebody tossed cello and cedar on.

They are offering the same cigar in this sampler and it is packaged the same way?

Mega_Sampler_10.jpg

WIth no other band and the cello not labeled, I believe it's a fake.

Unless it came out of Prometheus box or limted set box.

Even them it should be identifiable.

Have you conact CD and asked them where it came from?

No Anejo in that size, so it is either a scorpio maduro or something completely different (like a custom roll or a montesino)

Does this quote help you guys?

"This all new FAT cigar is selling out faster then they can make them. Like most Opus X Cigars this ultra limited smoke will be released sparingly throughout the year. The Double Robusto offers a cedar wrapped power house of a cigar measuring 5.75 X 52. This late 2007 release cigar is very hard to find, if we show them in stock you might want to buy yours as quick as possible."

I am asking because I have been looking to try an Opus Maduro and they sell singles on that site and they are listed at $40 whch is better than some of the other HTF maduros!

Does this quote help you guys?

"This all new FAT cigar is selling out faster then they can make them. Like most Opus X Cigars this ultra limited smoke will be released sparingly throughout the year. The Double Robusto offers a cedar wrapped power house of a cigar measuring 5.75 X 52. This late 2007 release cigar is very hard to find, if we show them in stock you might want to buy yours as quick as possible."

I am asking because I have been looking to try an Opus Maduro and they sell singles on that site and they are listed at $40 whch is better than some of the other HTF maduros!

Yes, that helps.
Doesn't explain the packaging, but it references the proper year of release.

There's another site they sells them. They are out of the Fuente 4 stick set...I'd look there, personally.

Phils...can it be a cut down Anejo?