• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

00 Monte A

Tony Bones

Grundalier
Monkey poo! Damn this cigar.

Looked good, clipped well, bah! Draw problems. Couldn't get hardly any smoke. Clipped higher. Still crappy. Clipped 1/3 of the way up...ahhhh. Finally. Good taste, leather and a little cocoa. Held an OK ash.

After further examining the cigar I found that 1/3 of it was tight as a Catholic Nun's...oops! Anyway, this is not acceptable in a $25+ cigar. I was doing well w/ ISOM's up until this rat bastard. Figures the expensive one would have troubles.

Decided to light up a Davidoff Millenium Lonsdale. Beautiful. Consistent. Not monkey poo.

Damn you Fidel! May your daughter choke on a thick American...oops again.

Too funny.

I bet Fidel's are never plugged :D

Are you sure it was real. The reason I ask is because when I was in Cuba in Feb. I went on a tour of a factory and was told that the top rollers are the people who roll the Cohiban's and the Monte A. Its seems odd that the top rollers would screw up like this. Well I guess they can screw up once and then ...

Sorry you had a bum smoke.

I'm positve it was real. Cubans are known for their construction issues. It is what it is. I'm still not happy about it though.

Tony Bones said:
Damn you Fidel! May your daughter choke on a thick American...oops again.
Oh well, that sucks when it happens to an expensive cigar -- you seem to have a lot of bad luck though. Didn't you have a HdM with a tight draw, an Untold Story Maduro with a tight draw, and a plugged BBMF? That's exceedingly bad luck for smokes that normally are flawless...

You're either the most unlucky man alive, or your humidor set up a cigar-killer. :/

lbrief said:
moki said:
. . . or your humidor set up [is] a cigar-killer.
I think Moki's on to something.
Couldn't be. I run 65% w/ little fluctuation. Besides, as I mentioned to Moki in a private conversation, storage conditions have little to do w/ draw. They'll cause burn issues, but the construction is the issue w/ draw.

Tony Bones said:
Couldn't be. I run 65% w/ little fluctuation. Besides, as I mentioned to Moki in a private conversation, storage conditions have little to do w/ draw. They'll cause burn issues, but the construction is the issue w/ draw.
I don't know about that; if the cigar is too swollen (humid on the inside, dry on the outside), that can easily cause draw issues. How that could happen would just be speculation on my part -- so let's speculate.

You get a cigar that's rather moist, put it in the humidor, and the outside starts to come down the the 65% humidity level more quickly than the rest of the cigar (cigars dry out from the outside in). That leaves the outside dryer and more taut, and the inside swollen, like a fat guy in a little coat. That'd cause draw issues, I'd think.