• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

'03 Upmann Sir Winston

dulaney22

Banned
I got this fine stogie from Robbie a couple of months ago and a nice evening here in NE Mississippi caused its death.

Wow, let me just say that this was one gorgeous cigar. The wrapper (not too oily) was a rich brown and, while somewhat bumpy with a few veins, just had that classic cigar look. The foot smelled of faint barnyard aroma. Pre-light, the draw was a touch on the tight side, but it opened up nicely after lighting.

The first puffs gave way to a very creamy smoke, with hints of a vanilla aftertaste. About an inch in, this turned to a nice cinnamon spice that, at times, was a touch peppery. At roughly a third in, the cigar broke in and out of different flavors. I noted tastes of citrus and cedar tones predominately, which evolved to hints of grass and cream, with nice earthy undertones. At times, a note or two of chocolate seemed to barge in and compliment some of the fruity tastes.

A little more than halfway through, the peppery spice returned and stayed for the remaining third. This was accompanied by creamy leather and earthy tastes, with the occasional citrus hint arising . . . just phenomenal. Smoking time was just over two hours.

Overall, this was probably the most complex smoke I have had the pleasure to enjoy. Many of these flavors were subtle, but definitely present. Robbie had told me this stick was smoking wonderfully now and he was correct. Thank you Robbie!

Lee

P.S. Oh . . . Hank says hello to the crew!! :D

DSC02392.jpg

DSC02403.jpg

DSC02446.jpg

DSC02447.jpg

DSC02427.jpg

Excellent review of my favorite smoke. Your pictures are stunning. The last third of that smoke is pure bliss. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I agree, this is an excellent smoke. I was lucky enough to pick up one Robbie put in a pass not long ago. Excellent review!

Thanks for the excellent review. I haven't smoked one of these in a while. But, thanks to you, I may just have to put an order in!