• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

'04 Monte Edmundo

ndp

Due to my recent participation in the Newbie Sampler where I received some excellent sticks from HapaLee (thanks a ton). I decided to do my first review on what to me was a very special experience.

The stick: Montecristo Edmundo, 2004

This cigar was calling my name as soon as I opened the package. This was my first ISOM experience and one that I believe all others will have a hard time living up to. So I sat down outside with an ice cold Red Stripe (hooray, beer) and the rest is history.

After admiring this cigar for a few days I had to put the flame to it. Construction was nothing more that what I would expect from a brand such as Montecristo, perfect. My first impressions of this cigar were that it was going to be a fairly stout smoke. Once the cap was clipped and I took a few dry pulls I knew I was in for something special. This cigar had a nice draw, almost loose but tightened up after the first few puffs. The cigar started off full of spice, not quite peppery, but something I couldn’t quite associate with anything else in life with a nice woodsy after taste. This wonderful flavor lasted through about the first quarter of the stick, and then all of a sudden this thing exploded with a creamy goodness that I don’t know how to explain. The flavors seemed to excite every part of my tongue; no taste bud was left untouched. This cigar held a nice dark gray ash at least half way down and was never harsh. Once I smoked it down to about the last quarter it started to pick up a little more flavor, I’m guessing this is due to the resin that was beginning to develop, almost a chocolaty, toasted nutty flavor, but at the same time more of the spice that was present in the first quarter of the cigar. The more I smoked and the hotter that this little nub of a cigar that I had left started to get the spicier it became. I smoked this thing until my fingertips couldn’t take the heat anymore (I cook for a living so they are quite tolerant to the heat) I had to put it down.

After coming in the house I decided I had to write first review for Cigar Pass on this incredible experience. Overall the only bad thing I can say about this cigar is that it left me wanting more, and just created another drain on my already drained income :). Thanks again HapaLee for the amazing sampler, and the rest of you here at Cigar Pass for the amount of knowledge you have compiled all into one place.

More to come as the package that HapaLee sent me starts to ‘burn up’.

Nate

Nice review, glad you enjoyed the stick.

Brian

Thanks for the review. Well done! :thumbs:

Due to my recent participation in the Newbie Sampler where I received some excellent sticks from HappaLee (thanks a ton). I decided to do my first review on what to me was a very special experience.

The stick: Montecristo Edmundo, 2004

This cigar was calling my name as soon as I opened the package. This was my first ISOM experience and one that I believe all others will have a hard time living up to. So I sat down outside with an ice cold Red Stripe (hooray, beer) and the rest is history.

After admiring this cigar for a few days I had to put the flame to it. Construction was nothing more that what I would expect from a brand such as Montecristo, perfect. My first impressions of this cigar were that it was going to be a fairly stout smoke. Once the cap was clipped and I took a few dry pulls I knew I was in for something special. This cigar had a nice draw, almost loose but tightened up after the first few puffs. The cigar started off full of spice, not quite peppery, but something I couldn’t quite associate with anything else in life with a nice woodsy after taste. This wonderful flavor lasted through about the first quarter of the stick, and then all of a sudden this thing exploded with a creamy goodness that I don’t know how to explain. The flavors seemed to excite every part of my tongue; no taste bud was left untouched. This cigar held a nice dark gray ash at least half way down and was never harsh. Once I smoked it down to about the last quarter it started to pick up a little more flavor, I’m guessing this is due to the resin that was beginning to develop, almost a chocolaty, toasted nutty flavor, but at the same time more of the spice that was present in the first quarter of the cigar. The more I smoked and the hotter that this little nub of a cigar that I had left started to get the spicier it became. I smoked this thing until my fingertips couldn’t take the heat anymore (I cook for a living so they are quite tolerant to the heat) I had to put it down.

After coming in the house I decided I had to write first review for Cigar Pass on this incredible experience. Overall the only bad thing I can say about this cigar is that it left me wanting more, and just created another drain on my already drained income :). Thanks again HappaLee for the amazing sampler, and the rest of you here at Cigar Pass for the amount of knowledge you have compiled all into one place.

More to come as the package that HappaLee sent me starts to ‘burn up’.

Nate

Glad you enjoyed it Nate. Now start smoking the Padron and Fuente's! Oh yea, 1 more thing. It's HapaLee.... :cool:

That was a great first review.

I'm constantly amazed by the generosity of the BOTL's on this site. Nice move HapaLee :thumbs:

edit: I messed up the quotes.

Well done, thanks for the review.

HapaLee is the man.

I also had the pleasure of smoking this cigar and I decided then and there, "I want a box of these"! Well, I haven't got it yet - but soon...soon ;)

Mine was from '05 instead of '04. Does that make much difference? ... Being a relative noob, I don't know!

Nice first review. I have yet to have an Edmundo an have wondered what they are like. Unfortunately they are way down on the list of things to try so it may be a while before I pick up a box.

Nice review. A great stick for sure and one that rivals the much ballyhooed #2.