• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

04 Yellowtail Cabernet Sauvignon

Kayak_Rat

I had a glass of this wine last night with my dinner. I really enjoyed this. I am a big fan of this style but wasn't sure about the australian end of it. I will definately buy a couple bottles to keep around. I also tried the shiraz, but did not like it very much at all. Any input is more than welcome.
Light up.

I'm a big fan of the Yellow Tail, both the Shiraz and the Merlot. There is another Australian wine my wife found on a trip there that they do not export (except to CA) that she loved. I'll see if I can find the name of it...

I also keep a few bottles of Yellowtail around the house.

You should also try The Little Penguin Cab out of Australia.

natejustice said:
I believe Yellowtail is ~ 5.99-6.99 around here as well in PA..
[snapback]255596[/snapback]​
yea, for the 1.5L bottle

Castaway said:
JimK said:
Yellowtail is the "Two Buck Chuck" of the east coast!

JK
[snapback]255364[/snapback]​

Not at $6.99 a bottle it isn't! :whistling:
[snapback]255553[/snapback]​

It's the closest there is, in terms of price and value. Of course, two buck Chuck ain't what it used to be.

JK

Name one other bottle of wine that is better than Yellowtail at ~$6-7 for a 1.5 L bottle. It's a nice, cheap, everyday wine. Granted, not the best wine in the world, but for that price you will be hard pressed to find something better IMO.

mrjinglesusa said:
Name one other bottle of wine that is better than Yellowtail at ~$6-7 for a 1.5 L bottle. It's a nice, cheap, everyday wine. Granted, not the best wine in the world, but for that price you will be hard pressed to find something better IMO.
[snapback]255668[/snapback]​

Nothing I'll be drinking ... :laugh:

yup, Wine Snob and proud of it ;)

:cool:

Yellowtail great,,,, also try Toasted Head, Toad Hollow, and Smoking Loon is another favorite...

Shooter

Yellowtail great,,,, also try Toasted Head, Toad Hollow, and Smoking Loon is another favorite...

Shooter

Yep, if I'm going for an inexpensive red from the grocery store I usually go for Smoking Loon. There are better inexpensive wines, but I can find Smoking Loon easily. Cline also makes some tastey reds for under $10.