• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

1000th Post Contest

cigardawg

Well looky there…this is my 1000th post. What do you think about that? Since it is my 1000th post, I guess it is time for a little contest. No, I’m not going to have you guess my shoe size or the number of M&Ms in the jar on my desk. I’m not going to have any of the crazy timing things like when am I going to post…blah, blah, blah. Nope, I think this contest is going to be about cigars. You do smoke cigars, don’t you? Good. Well, let’s have a little contest to test your knowledge (or at least your research skills) of cigars. Below are 10 questions (yes 10) on different aspects of cigars. I have taken questions from various resources, the most recent RTDA, and my past posts to put this together.

The rules? Answer the questions…that’s first. Please submit the answers to me in a PM. That way, no one can scam your correct answers if you missed one. The first PM (time stamped) with all of the correct answers wins (I will post the winning PM). All entries must be received by midnight on Sunday, 9 October 2005. If by that time, I don’t have a PM with all of the correct answers, the winner will be the one with the most correct answers. In the case of a tie, there will be a tie-break. I’ll decide on that later.

So, what does the winner receive? How about a nice 10-pack of premiums and Habanos…the good stuff. :thumbs:

Without further ado, here is the “cigar-quiz.”

1. San Martin is a new cigar released at the RTDA by Tabacalera del Oriente. It is a puro of Habano-seed tobaccos from what country?

2. For 2005, Tabacalera Perdomo is releasing two sizes of the Edicion del Silvio with a Cameroon wrapper. What does Tabacalera Perdomo call the larger of the two vitolas?

3. What well know cigar manufacturer released a cigar called Virtuoso at the 2005 RTDA?

4. In Min Ron Nee’s book, An Illustrated Encyclopedia of Post-Revolution Havana Cigars, the author states that his favorite cigar is what? (brand and vitola)

5. In Min Ron Nee’s book, An Illustrated Encyclopedia of Post-Revolution Havana Cigars, the author makes a statement that if he had to choose only one brand of Cuban cigars to smoke, he would choose which? (brand) (Hint, not the same as the answer to no. 4).

6. At the 2005 RTDA, General Cigar released the Partagas Limited Reserve Decadus. Why was this brand extension given the name Decadus?

7. According to Cigar Aficionado, what were the top 6 cigars of 2004?

8. In 2005, the Swiss market has introduced two Regional Editions. What are the two cigars (brand/vitola)?

9. If you had a box of cigars with the box code NOSU TTH, where (factory) and what date were they made?

10. A two-part question. What is the wrapper/binder/filler blend on the new Bolivar released by General Cigar at the 2005 RTDA? The binder on the Bolivar is used as a wrapper on what General Cigar brand?

OK, that should do it. Good luck. If you have questions on the rules, please post them below and I will answer them for everyone that wants to participate.

LC-Smoker said:
I am guessing I am not eligable.....
[snapback]234644[/snapback]​

To maintain the integrity of the contest and keep from raising eyebrows :rolleyes: , getting a lot of harumfs :whistling: , and general responses of "its rigged :0 ," I probably should exclude you and Jim from winning. :p

You are welcome to submit your answers and test your cigar knowledge, however. :thumbs:

One more, hope these are right

Those are hard. I got stuck on the first one. ???

huoh, i'm going to leave this to tomorrow i'm too tired right now (and i got stuck on several questions)

great contest though :thumbs:

PM Sent. Those were tough, but not impossible. I'm sure someone has already beat me.

I'm thinking I got em right, but most likely misspelled something, so technically no!

Excellent contest :D Thanks cigardawg and congrats :thumbs:

pm sent

Way too hard for me.. :laugh:

Of course some of the more search-savy guys around here can pull up these answers in minutes, I'm not that sharp so I'll pass this contest. :p

And we have a winner!!!! :thumbs: Gonz was the first to PM me the correct answers.

Answers to the contest?, Yesterday, 05:05 PM
Here's my guesses at the answers. Actually, I was able to find all this just by doing a little searching and looking around with google and our own CigarPass.

We'll see if the info I found was correct!

1. Peru
2. EDS Cameroon Grovy and Keeney, Grovy is bigger (6x52)
3. Torano
4. Partagas Lonsdale
5. Bolivar
6. Cameroon wrapper 10 yrs old
7. Padrón Serie 1926 40th Anniversary
La Aurora 100 Años Belicoso
Cohiba Siglo VI
Arturo Fuente Don Carlos No. 2
Montecristo Platinum Series Mini Belicoso Tube
La Gloria Cubana Reserva Figurados Selectos de Lujos
8. Ramon Allones Eminencia
Punch Robusto
9. 10/98 Holguin
10. San Augustin liger wrapper, Havano Medio Tiempo, dominican and nicaraguan filler. Part B - Partagas Black Label

This was PMed just one minute before a second set of correct answers. Congratulations, Gonz. I hope your addy is in your profile. If not, send it to me. I'll try to get these out this morning, but am trying to get out of town, so it might not be until Tuesday morning. You'll see a DC.

Thanks for playing everyone. :D

I was off by a few... I'll say this, searching sucks! And also, I called perdomo for the other size (besides grovey) I couldn't find it anywhere!

Great job Gonz!