• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

100th cigar contest

jgohlke

My other hobby
Edit: 4/22/05
Prizes awarded, boxes sent, winners pm'd and emailed. Nothing further to see here. Thanks to all who participated.

Joe

Edit: 4/21/05 - We have a winner! Thanks for playing!

Original post follows.....

I've been keeping track of the cigars that I've smoked in a journal where I pasted the label and write a bit about the cigar. I started this last year when I became interested in learning more about cigars. It's really an effort to help me remember what I liked and didn't like. I'm coming up on my 100th cigar and thought it would be fun to have a contest to see who could guess the time and date of my 100th cigar. Closest guess wins all! A single prize of 5 cigars from my personal stash will be mailed to the big winner. Send me an email with your guess of time and date. Put "100th cigar contest" in the subject.

Email me directly at "jgohlke at cee eff el dot are are dot com" or use the cigar pass email process...either way.

So there isn't any influence, I have created an email filter that will redirect all entries to a special folder I've set up just for this contest. I won't look at the entries until after I've smoked my 100th cigar. You can guess until I've smoked my 90th cigar. I'll post when I do.

Here are some clues.....

cigar #1 - 8/29/04
cigar #25 - 10/23/04
cigar #50 - 12/12/04
cigar #75 - 2/10/05

#83 3/12/05 - AF Hemingway Signature Maduro that I got during the Grateful pass (one of Moki's puts)...a very nice smoke!

Just smoked #84 on 3/12/05.

I typically smoke only on the weekend, usually just 1 or 2. Sometimes none though...and sometimes 3 or 4. I've smoked as many as 7 cigars in a single week and have gone for 3 weeks and not smoked at all.

Hey, I didn't say the clues would be helpful!

Good luck...

Cheers,
Joe

That's quite ironic Joe! I just started doing the same thing about one month ago to help in my search and rating for the perfect cigar - pinning the ring labels on a poster board with a written comment next to each is definately a helpful process for a new CP'er.

I'm only at my 12th cigar (due to a self impossed penalty involving four cigars).

Your posting made me chuckle a bit, as I recently had a banner night in Atlantic City, in which I smoked seven (7) different cigars in one night/day; however, I did stick with the same brand of Scotch throughout the affair. After about my third cigar and probably 8th Scotch, I misplaced the bands of the remaining four that I smoked and could not remember anything unique about each of the four (4) remianing cigars, except for my hand written notes that read "cigars #4 - #7 very good". I'm still not sure if I ended up rating the Scotch or the cigars.

Anyway, just wanted to share this as it's pretty ironic and I it gave me a pretty funny "flashback".

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Bret

Trying to ratchet up the game a bit....

If anybody wants to post a guess here, feel free...the email idea was to keep me from knowing....I promise not to peek!

The response has been pretty good, but I'm seeing a lot more lookers than guessers....the old timers don't want cigars from some newbie, huh?

How about some FOG help? Anybody got a nice cigar to sell me for the grand prize of this here contest? Let's kick this baby up a notch. I'll go $25 for a single stogie. If this doesn't work out, I'll let the winner pick a nice single from Holt's or Corona's or somewhere....Plus I'm still throwing in 5 cigars from my own personal stash.

Winner take all! Closest to the pin gets it!

Cheers,
Joe

Thnaks for the contest. Email Sent.

BTW: What are the tie criterion, since we can't deconflict our guesses?

We have a winner!

I smoked the 100th cigar yesterday. I picked a very special cigar for the occasion...the Perdomo cabinet that I rolled myself. It was tasty!

Anyway, thanks for playing, see ya round.

Oh, did I mention who won?

Seizure! He guessed April 20 and was only off by 1 day.

pm sent!

Cheers,
Joe

jgohlke said:
We have a winner!

I smoked the 100th cigar yesterday. I picked a very special cigar for the occasion...the Perdomo cabinet that I rolled myself. It was tasty!

Anyway, thanks for playing, see ya round.

Oh, did I mention who won?

Seizure! He guessed April 20 and was only off by 1 day.

pm sent!

Cheers,
Joe
[snapback]181126[/snapback]​

Holy crap. What a guess. Woohoo! Thanks for the contest!