• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

15 man College Football Pick Em(Still Looking for a few good men!)

OzPod

Since I'm better at college football pick em's than NFL pick ems or fantasy, I've decided to start a college pick em.

Basically you just put in 4 cigars and we'll group em up, with the overall winner receiving 30 cigars at the end of the conference championships while two runner ups will each receive 15 each.

Instead of me having the sticks throughout the season, you will mail them directly to either the three top winners.

If we dont have 15 guys, I'll help fill in some spots or others can enter twice.

It will strictly be the top 25 teams games of the week, with a total tally at the end of each week.

I wanna have this ready by the 27th before the first games, the 28th is the first top 25 game.

Just post in here what cigars you wanna put up.

Thanks and enjoy!

And we will be doing the picks via Yahoo College Football Pick Em. League name is Cigar Pass, group ID number is 26844, and the password is maduro. Thanks Green Monkey for setting it up!

I talked to Cal about this after he posted it, and I think we both agree that with him being brand new that you guys aren't going to feel comfortable sending him cigars for the pool. I like the idea that he has for the contest, but definitely feel that an established member needs to run this.

So, would there be anyone of you guys that would want to run this pool, and also would there be enough interest in this to get it going with all the other pools currently going on? Please feel free to post your thoughts here, or PM them to OzPod (or myself) if you wish and we can try to figure this out.

Thanks guys.

I'd be interested in playing in this pool, but I don't think I shoudl run it. I'll be willing to update the score and games weekly. We could have the losers send their end at the end of the contest, much like the NHL play-off contest.

Yeah, I'm just waiting to see if any FOGs wanna help out then we're game

Still awaiting any word from any of them if they are at all interested or at least interested in helping me find someone

If you have losers send the cigars at the end, I don't think it matter who runs it. It'd be good to have some oversight, though.

A few points to ponder

1. Set a price limit (lower/upper) on the cigars, so everyone knows what they're in for.
2. If you have 3 winners, only 12 are sending cigars. Winner would get 24, runner-ups would get 12 each (assuming you send at the end). Randomly assign who sends to who.
3. So this will not include Bowl Games?
4. Decide now what you're going to do in the event of a tie. Maybe Bowl games are a tie-breaker? What if there's still a tie after that?

If this goes down, good luck and have fun with it. :) If I were back home, or scheduled to be home by the end of the season, I'd participate.

---John Holmes...

Alright, I suppose the losers send the sticks directly would work. 3 cigars each.

Bowl games will work and will be tie breakers as well.

See how you guys like it.

What is the price range on the 3 cigars. I'm in but would be nice to know for everyone else.

First it's four cigars, now it's three. This is why some oversight would be good. You have to treat this like a pass, almost. Clearly lay out the rules in the first post, list who's playing, answer the questions, etc. I know this is just a feeler thread to gauge interest, but you have to be prepared to do all of this.

Now you're down to 12 people sending 3 cigars each. A full season of football to win 9 or 18 cigars. I think it's worth more than that. :)

I just wanna know what everyone thinks should go down and I'll take the best of everything and put it all together

If you can get the rules posted and get it straight I'd be up for it.

Brian

I'd like to play.

I think the cigars should be sent up front.

I'd be happy to sit on them for the season.

Stinki

Well we better get a move on as the season kicks off this week-end. Do we need to have the sticks in before Thursday or can we have a week? I can make either work prefer the week though.

You'll mail the sticks directly to the winners at the end of the season

You'll mail the sticks directly to the winners at the end of the season
I'm out then. The season is very long and history will show that we will have some drop outs who won't be around to send their sticks. I like the idea, but just don't want to participate with a "pay at the end" routine.

Let me know if you change the rules Oz.

Stinki