• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

$150 to spend

Jesuswept

Oh, the horror!
Reaction score
Hey guys I need some help.

I just got my new humi and its being seasoned as we speak.
I have $150.00 to spend and I'm wondering what I should get.

So far I have a few favorite cigars but nothing that has really knocked my socks off. I think one of the best smokes I've had in terms of enjoyment was the AF Short Story. I like the Onyx Reserves and consider them a good standbye smoke.

Do you guys have any suggestions for me? maybe $150 for a nice box or maybe a bundle of a few really quality smokes.

I enjoy a medium to full bodied cigar. I've never had a cuban.

I agree 100% - newbie trade is the best way to get started, and you will get some great sticks from some nice FOG's

I recently had a Short Story and loved it. :)
Why don't you get 4 or 5 each of different brands so you have some variety.
Some of my recent purchases include Punch Rare Corojo, La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero and natural "Chisels"(eight year old Corojo filler, eight year aged Sumatra binder and aged Connecticut broadleaf wrappers), CAO Cameroon, some Short Stories and some Smoker's Haven New Jersey (smokershavennj.com) 1959 pre-embargo Cuban filler torpedos.
I'd reccomend all of the above.

Jesuswept said:
newbie sampler it is!
[snapback]270249[/snapback]​
Good choice. Let them know about this thread, so he can get an idea of what you might like. Enjoy!

- C

Am I just being dense here? What is the Newbie sampler?
Try the MX2 from CAO.

Newbie Sampler is when a FOG will sell a newbie a good variety of cigars for them to try. You usualy get a lot more then if you just went to the local B&M and picked up singles for the same amount.

Where does a newbie find a Fog like that? I havent been able to figure out what a FOG is to tell the truth. I know it must refer to somebody that has been around for a long time and knows cigars really well, but I dont know what it stands for.
Sorry for the thread crap.

Captain Leafheart said:
I recently had a Short Story and loved it. :)
Some of my recent purchases include Punch Rare Corojo, La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero and natural "Chisels"(eight year old Corojo filler, eight year aged Sumatra binder and aged Connecticut broadleaf wrappers), CAO Cameroon, some Short Stories and some Smoker's Haven New Jersey (smokershavennj.com) 1959 pre-embargo Cuban filler torpedos.
[snapback]270256[/snapback]​

Gotta ask... what kind are you talking about? Not pinars... right? ???

Correct KB. Not Pinars. "No name".
Check out the descripton at the Smoker's Haven website.
I really enjoyed the one I tried a couple of weeks ago, so I bought some more.

KayakinBoy said:
Captain Leafheart said:
I recently had a Short Story and loved it.  :) 
[snapback]270256[/snapback]​

Gotta ask... what kind are you talking about? Not pinars... right? ???
[snapback]270447[/snapback]​

got my pre-embargo's from md's site they are pretty good!