• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

1950s Habanos Catalog

moki

el Presidente
Check out this Habanos Catalog from the 1950s -- scanned by into 4 PDF files for your viewing pleasure.

Some marketing BS in the beginning, but the balance of the catalog is a very interesting trip down Habanos history lane. Notable are some of the marcas that are largely unheard of today, as well as decommissioned vitolas.

...enjoy.

That's an awesome find Moki. There's an interesting peice at La Flor de Cano's site that has their old product catalog that is cool to look at too.

LFdC photo page

That's an awesome find Moki. There's an interesting peice at La Flor de Cano's site that has their old product catalog that is cool to look at too.

LFdC photo page

Cigar Hound is the one who made the awesome find, I'm just hosting the scans he did of the catalog.

I'm not too savy on copyright laws, but how (if any) long would the copyright last on some of those old catalogs? I know that people have a lot of the old publications in their possession, I'm wondering if it would be plausible to compile it in a .pdf compilation? Would there be any infringement?

Very cool. Can you imagine, the difficulty we would have in today's counterfieted market if each marca had as many band variations as there seemed to be back in the day.

Great stuff... :thumbs:
Thanks for posting these. It's great to see an old catalog like this.
I only wish the photos were in color, but I guessing that the original was also in black & white.

Absolutely fabulous. I see that the Cabanas were available in both American and English wrappers. What is the difference? Is the American wrapper that "green" wrapper that was popular back then (can't remember the name of it)?

Great stuff... :thumbs:
Thanks for posting these. It's great to see an old catalog like this.
I only wish the photos were in color, but I guessing that the original was also in black & white.

Unfortunately, the original catalog is in black & white also. It would be nice to see color photos of all these though!

Yeah they're pretty close. Prices have gone up a little faster than inflation but with currency arbitrage it's kinda tough to figure out exactly.

I still like the look of those prices.

Thanks for making this available, Moki. It's an interesting piece of history.