• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2005 Encyclopedia of Whiskey

cigardawg

This past weekend I came across the 2005 Encyclopedia of Whiskey. It covers scotches, bourbons, ryes, and more. Ratings on 2,750 different whiskies. Really cool little book. Kind of like the Perelman's of whiskey. Is anyone familiar with this book? Wondering is anyone could offer opinions on the ratings. I went ahead and picked it up figuring it is at least a fairly comprehensive list of brands to try sometime in the future.

Haven't seen it, who's the author?

I believe the guy's name is Harris, but I'll have to check it tonight. Don't have the book with me. Will post it then.

I have an old Jim Murray that I look at but the new one is called: Jim Murray's Whiskey Bible 2005, I couldn't find anything on Amazon that matches your title. Maybe its REALLY new. :D

Nope, I had a complete and utter brain-fart. The book I just bought is the one you use...Jim Murray's Whiskey Bible (man, couldn't get the title or author right). Anyway, sounds like you've known about it for a while. Really cool little book...great reference. I've been browsing it the last couple of nights.

This book by Jim Murray, is it good? It's not very expensive here (especially if you get a bit older version), I thought I could buy it.

Buy it, it's worth the price.

Lemon said:
This book by Jim Murray, is it good? It's not very expensive here (especially if you get a bit older version), I thought I could buy it.
[snapback]171442[/snapback]​