• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2008 Anejo 46

OpusXKC

MOΛΩN ΛABE
As it is that time of the year I've managed to pick-up some of the current Anejo crop. Out of the lot I decided to smoke a 46 to celebrate such a great find, and I must say I was surprised at what happened next.

As soon as I lit this smoke I was not greeted with the sweet woody cognac I was used to, but hit hard with a very strong pepper spice. "WOoooOOOow!? What the hell....?? ??? " I have been fortunate over the years to be able to become familiar with these smokes, and must say such a flavor is uncharacteristic. Perhaps, this is a fluke, I think. So I smoke the beginning of this cigar for a few more minutes and the flavor has not left.

Thinking I must have lost my taste for smokes I look at Smokyballs and say, "Try this and tell me what you think." One puff and he has a quite the puzzled look on his face. Only one thing was concluded..."This tastes like an Opus?!"

I go on smoking this cigar and find this conclusion to be quite true. About half way in the flavor is quite unique. A spicy front is complemented by a smaller more familiar Anejo undertone. At no point did this cigar take the shape of a traditionally familiar Anejo, but kept a great heavy spicy taste with Anejo notes.

Maybe it was just this one cigar. Maybe it was just this one box. Maybe it is this years lot. Anyway you look at it this was one interesting Anejo. Keep your eyes out, maybe I'm not alone on this one.

Sounds like a winner to me! The ONE I had last year was pretty good and smooth but thats about it. Yours (the 08') sounds really good

Very nice, Tony. I can't wait to try one of the 2008s now!

Sounds interesting. I can't imagine enjoying a cigar more than a smooth, flavorful, traditional anejo. Sometimes I think I've found a better cigar, but I'm usually tipsy, overseas, or both.

I just finished smoking a 50. Nothing but classic Anejo flavors, all the way down to the nub. I can say, however, some of the other MN guys have had Anejos in various sizes that were 'off'.

I had me a 46 the other week and maybe I cant remember excatly, but I thought it was awesome. Absolutly love these smokes.

Napa_Smokes and I had an 08' Shark last night, and it was spicy and smooth. The best Anejo I've smoked EVER. I needs me a box of 77's now!