• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

22 yr old Jim Bean

smoke76

Reaction score
Since I know nothing about wiskey, or collectables, I'm going to throw this out to the masters.

I have 3 decantors (sp?) from Ducks UNlimited filled with Jim Bean that has a moldes date of 1986 on the bottom. Should I keep these put away, Drink the Bean, or put them up on Flea Bay. I don't really drink wiskey, but I would give it a shot if it would be any good.

What should I do, and no I won't send it to you for safe keeping :sign:

george

That is bizarre. I was at my fathers last weekend and he has a couple of these as well. The dates on those were from the early 70's. Just to clarify we are taliking Jim Beam correct?

Who knows? Crack one to try it, if it is not to your liking, sell the other two and donate the proceeds (minus your cost) to ducks unlimited.

Billy

Whiskey is not wine (thank the stars). It does not really "age" in a glass bottle. The aging is done in the wooden barrels at the distillery.

In theory, if the bottles are still sealed, it will taste exactly the same as the day it was bottled. If anything, it might be weaker in alcohol content, since that is what tends to evaporate first.

If they were not sealed, then they might have a little different taste, but it shouldn't affect it to the point where it is not drinkable.

I am no expert, but I have had my fair share of whiskey and been to many distilleries. I seem to remember on several of the tours I was on, this was the collective smartness about old whiskey in bottles.

Hope that helps, and if you need a drinkin' partner, let me know.

Cheers,
Chris

Decanters are worth a bit more filled but not that much. Drink one and see if you like it. If you do drink them all, if not then leave the others sealed and auction them.

Decanters are worth a bit more filled but not that much. Drink one and see if you like it. If you do drink them all, if not then leave the others sealed and auction them.

Thats what I had planned. Like I said I'm not real big on whiskey but what the hell... I'll throw one back this weekend and give a report.

Thanks guys for your insight

George

Jim Beam is relatively inexpensive whiskey. Often a fav of people who consume large quantities, it's not special except for its effect on the human nervous system and organs. :)