• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

25th Anniversary

jgohlke

My other hobby
Earlier this month my wife and I celebrated our 25th Wedding Anniversary. She scored big time with a custom-made humidor (thread linky) and I did ok with a week in the Georgia mountains at this place:

standard.jpg

We haven't been before and we have talked about going forever, so I made all the arrangements at the beginning of the year.

standard.jpg

It was near Blue Ridge, GA and the view was spectacular:
standard.jpg

The road was narrow, no guardrail and slippery (shaded and a bit icey)..the truck felt huge on it.
standard.jpg

All the trees would probably keep you from dying if you slipped off the road, but it might be pretty exciting before the truck came to stop...
standard.jpg

We kept it in 4WD some of the time, but the truck has a non-slip rear differential, so it kind of drags the rear end around in tight corners.

We hired a personal chef to come to our cabin and make our anniversary dinner. He showed up about 6:30 with all the fixin's for a very nice dinner.
standard.jpg

He got right to work preparing the meal.
standard.jpg

The weather had been bad that day, so we hadn't gone outside and were still in our "pajamas".
standard.jpg

Having dessert:
standard.jpg

The local coffee house in Blue Ridge (free internet!) where we had a cup of coffee and I got caught up on Cigarpass.
standard.jpg

We made good use of the fancy bathtub too:
standard.jpg

We didn't know how much bubble bath to use, so of course we used too much. After a few minutes of running the jets, the bubbles were over our heads and we couldn't even see each other.

Even with some bad weather and the steep drive, we had a great time.If you get the chance, north Georgia is a pretty nice place to visit.

Looks like it was a great time. I've spent some time in Big Cedar Lodge (if any of you guys have been there) and it is pretty comparable. I love that place, it's just so cozy! :)

I showed the pictures to my daughter and she was like "Oh gross, who was there taking the pictures?"

Camera has a timer...

I showed the pictures to my daughter and she was like "Oh gross, who was there taking the pictures?"

Camera has a timer...

Did you have to hop out of the tub and run back then I guess? :laugh: Just kiddin', those are nice pics of what looks like a great time, I'm sure you'll remember this fondly for the rest of your life.

I like your style. That is the type of vacation/anniversary I would prefer over fancy restaurants and 5 star hotels. Absolutely beautiful pictures, and congrats to you and your wife on the anniversary.

Congratulations. You guys look very happy.

Many more years to you and your bride. :)

Congratulations on 25 years! Looks like a great time. My wife and I (and kids and dog!) went to a similar cabin near Gatlinburg near the end of last year and had a good time, too. :)

Congratulations on your anniversary! Looks like an awesome time. Nothing like a peaceful time in the mountains and with a personal chef no doubt! Again, congrats to you and yours!

Very nice, and congrats on the 25th. Looks like you both had a great time.

Ken

Congrats to both of you! 25 years is amazing.

Looks like a beautiful and relaxing trip:)

Looks like an outstanding time....and, as others have stated, once I got to that hot-tub photo....I too was wonderin' just who the hell you had with you. :laugh:

Congrats! :thumbs:

Congrats to both of you! The hot tub pic was almost...well congrats anyway! I hope you have another 25 ahead of you!