• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

3D Printing - What do you wish you knew?

Gavin

So….I’m interested in dipping my toe in this world. Do any of you do 3D printing? Is there anything you wish you knew before you started? What kind of rig would you invest in if you had to do it all over again?

Recently got into 3D printing. I run a Creality K1 and a Bambu labs P1S, both fully enclosed units. It really depends on what you’re wanting to do. Specifically project size, material strength. Bambu has a reputation for plug and play right out of the box. They released the A series that’s a “starter” printer, that’s capable of printing 3 or 4 different colors at a times. I will say I spend more time on calibrations with the Creality than I do with the bambu.

I don’t have one, but what I’ve gleaned from those that do is don’t go cheap? That and something about the bed the print is made on.

I don’t bother because if I need something made we have it at work, my buddy runs one at his work and various other sources. Plus I don’t need any more hobbies. Don’t have time for the ones I’ve got!