• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

6-1/2 X ~ 44 Unbanded Suprise

Newfie

Official Lancero Whore
Reaction score
With clear skies, light winds and low 70 temps after the passing of Hurricane Bill last night, it's a nice day to enjoy a smoke on the back deck working from home.

I found this in the bottom of one of my humidors and have no idea when I got it, who it came from or what it is. And I feel guilty about that 'cause I normally label gifts.

It's 6-1/2" long X ~ 44 RG, of nearly perfectly straight construction with a slightly veiny and mottled medium brown wrapper. After punching easily, it had what could be considered the definition of what I consider to be a perfect draw.

Carefully toasted the foot to a glowing orange and after blowing out through the cigar, I took a couple of light draws before laying it down for a minute. Then the first full draw gave plenty of smoke with no presence of any spice at all, just a nice balance of too many flavours to pick out or describe.

First 3/4 of an inch showed nice straight burn leaving a fairly smooth, very light ash.

Knocked the ash off at about an inch & a half, and it was still quite firm, indicating it would have held on for another 1/2" or more.

Basically, this cigar kept up to initial impressions all the way through the 70 minutes it took to smoke it. Meduim bodied at best with an ever-so-slight taste of pepper occasionally makes this a wonderful afternoon smoke.

Just too bad I have no idea what it is.

Unbanded-August24th2009002.jpg

Unbanded-August24th2009001.jpg

BGM??

Not quite sure what that is. I know it was close in size to a Bolivar Coronas Gigantes, but I didn't get the Bolivar flavours or strength out of it, so I passed on that one.

BGM??

Not quite sure what that is. I know it was close in size to a Bolivar Coronas Gigantes, but I didn't get the Bolivar flavours or strength out of it, so I passed on that one.
Boli gold metal. 6 1/4 x 42.