• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

76 yr old Canadian Club...

fetterjohn

Non-active but active and lurking!
I was just gifted a bottle of 76 year old Canadian Club (label still on it says 1936). It's a 6 year aged bottle, still full with intact tax labels. What would this thing be worth?

-Fetter

most of the guys that drink that stuff in Canada aren't your typical collectors but my guess would be a lot.

No real secondary market to judge so ebay would be your best bet. Personally, if you get over $100 I think that would be pretty good.

It's still really only six year old scotch so I don't think it would be worth a whole lot.

It's not even Scotch, it's a Canadian blend.

Do alcohol based beverages continue to age once they have been bottled? When I say aged, I mean improve over time or does a 12 year old bottle taste the same if you've had it for 12 years.

Spirits, unlike some wine, don't improve once they have been bottled nor do they "age".

Spirits, unlike some wine, don't improve once they have been bottled nor do they "age".
:laugh:

Exactly! :thumbs:

AVB, this reminds me of question #36 from that "Alcohol Knowledge" test thread you had a while back:

36. For Christmas a relative has given you a bottle of twelve year-old single malt scotch. You let it sit in your closet for four years before you open it. Essentially, what have you opened?
A. A sixteen year-old scotch
B. A fourteen year-old scotch (it ages slower in the bottle)
C. A twelve year-old scotch that was collecting dust
D. A ruined bottle of scotch

The correct answer is "C" ;)