• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

8,272 days and a wake up!

Nihon_Ni

真喜志友幸
Lord willing, as of Feb 1, 2012 I'll be a retired Marine after 22 yrs, 7 months and 23 days of service. I submitted my request a few hours ago and it's making its way though the system as I write this. It's not yet approved, but I have no reason to believe it will be denied.

:cool:

I'm currently deployed to Australia, but as soon as I get home I'll make a quick trip to the States for house hunting, then spend some quality time with my favorite gal on a sunny Pacific beach, then pack up the house, stop in Hawaii for a few days in late Sept, then head to DC area for final out-processing. If I've counted my days correctly, my last day in uniform should be Oct 9.

The Mrs and I have loved our time in Japan and in the Marine Corps, but we're both ready for the next chapter in life. After two decades of dragging my better half from one duty station to another, and then leaving her there for extended periods of time while I attended to the nation's interest in far off places; I'm ready to strive for nothing more than to settle down with her somewhere we can both enjoy our lives together.

It's with excitement, anticipation (and yes a little fear) that we look forward to a change of pace.

Here's a picture I took moments after "dropping my letter." I'm enjoying a AF Short Story gifted to me by w00ts!te (thanks Luke!) and a "flat white" (Aussie slang for cappuccino).

gallery_11575_1361_100844.jpg

ETA: Sorry folks -- I just realized I dropped this in the wrong place. I guess I was a little excited to announce the news. :whistling:

Well Congratulations to you and the wife. Enjoy your retirement, you have earned it!

Thanks for your service.

Ken

Thank you so much for what you do and have done. With all my thoughts I wish you a great new chapter, you deserve it.

Congratulations and thank you for your service. I can't imagine the stress that your situation could bring to a marriage. You must have an excellent woman by your side. Be sure to thank your wife for me for the sacrifices she has also made.

Congratulation and thank you for the years of service to us and your country.....:thumbs:

Thank you for your service and congrats on the retirement!

Welcome to the 1st Civ Div. PT is optional.

Doc.

Congratulations brother, and thank you for all you have done for this country!! I wish you two many years of happiness!

Job well done. Welcome home brother.

Kiss the bride, grab a can and lift a cigar!

Thank you, for all you have done.

Wow, that is awesome! Congrats on the retirement and thank you for helping to protect our country.

Congrats Rob. Thank you for all you have down for our country.

Enjoy your new life.

Frank