• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

8 years here - who'd a thought

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Today marks my 8th anniversary here at CP. I've met some damn good people and seen a few dirt-bags leave and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Thank you for putting up with me all this time.

So in honor of this event and my eventual 20,000th post here is my IMPOSSIBLE TRIVIA contest. Anyone in the US or with an APO/FPO address and 6 months on CP can play. Sorry for you folks overseas but sending the prize would break me.

I'll leave this open for a week. You may guess 3 times a day, I'll only reply with the amount of correct answers you have. This should test your Google-fu but I guarantee the prize will be worth it. First to get them all right wins, If nobody has won by the time allotted a consolation prize will be given to the person who has done the best if under 20 correct answers or the actual prize if over 20 correct answers. In the event of a tie I do have tie-breaker questions saved up.

So without further ado:

20K Trivia Challenge! Some are easy most aren't.

GOOD LUCK!

Q1.How did the US Navy say "Well Done" phonetically in February 1956? In April 1956?

Q2.This was the first number retired in Baseball

Q3. This 108 year old baseball record was broken in 2009. What is the record and who did it?

Q4. What do I drink from the "valley of the deer"? Specifically.

Q5. Ronald Reagan voted for FDR how many times?

Q6. How many more Medal of Honor winners have been Commandant of the Marine Corps (35 total Commandants) compared to Chief of Staff US Army (39 in total)?

Q7. The Ramones met "The only band that matters" for the first time where and when?

Q8: This was the first song Prince learned to play on guitar

Q9: This President's first name was Leslie

Q10: What president served the shortest full term.

Q11: Two women both named Brewer are special in the history of the Marine Corps. Who are they and what did they do?

Q12: Who was the first guitarist with a 100 watt amp?

Q13: Who was the very first "center square" on "The Hollywood Squares"?

Q14: Name a platinum sales certified California band who got their name from a Monty Python skit.

Q15: The red star that Macy's is known for came from ……?

Q16: How many noodles are in a can of Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup?

Q17: What 2 US Army Generals held the highest titled rank ever given in the United States?

Q18: Who was the first Major League player to have an at bat in the month of November.

Q19: What was the first complete movie shown on television in the US?

Q20: Who played Eddie's Girlfriend in the Tom Petty video "Into The Great Wide Open?"

Q21: What company's amplifiers powered the first Woodstock Music and Arts Festival?

Q22: This day was the first the New York Stock Exchange closed early due to bad weather.

Q23: What is this? N = R* • fp • ne • fl • fi • fc • L

Q24: Who was the first New Jersey native elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame?

Q25: Who was the first American casualty of World War One?

Q26: The United States Army Air Corps first bombed Hawaii on this date.

Q27: This supergroup might have been called "HELP" until one of the people who was supposed to join died. Who were going to be the members?

Good morning Ray. Happy anniversary and thanks for the Bloody Mary receipe. It's still a hit. Best regards, Doug

Way to go on your 8 years Ray :) Good Lord that's some list of questions...

Hugs

melly

Congrats on the light-year-stone, Ray! :)

Congrats, great having you here my friend!

Did I win?

Congrats, glad to have you part of CP!

Geez Ray my eyes were starting to cross...I will have to try harder later. Be gentle LOL

1. Bravo Zulu/Tare Victor (TVG)
3. Ichiro Suzuki/Hits in a season
5. 4 times
9. Gerald Ford
10. John Adams
11. BG Margaret Brewer--Director of Public Affairs and first female general officer in the Marine Corp & Lucy Brewer who served on the USS Constitution
12. Pete Townsend
13. Ernest Borgnine
14. Toad the Wet Sprocket
15. From a tattoo that Macy got as a teenager working on a ship
16. 216
17. John Pershing & George Washington
18. Derek Jeter
19. Police Patrol
20. Gabrielle Anwar
21. McIntosh
22. 9/27/85
23. The Drake Equation
24. Billy Hamilton
25. Harry Butters
26. Emerson Lake & Palmer was going to be Keith Emerson, Greg Lake, Carl Palmer and Jimi Hendrix

melly

Jesus Ray - I have enough homework already! I'll do my best.

Pm coming congrats on 8 years

17 out of 27. Not bad at all Sweet one.

No PM...Post it.

Jesus Ray - I have enough homework already! I'll do my best.

Pm coming congrats on 8 years

AVB, you're one of the reasons CP is a great place. Thanks for all your contributions. So without further ado:

Q1.How did the US Navy say “Well Done” phonetically in February 1956? In April 1956?
Bravo Zulu, which means a Sailor was selected below the zone, meaning ahead of his peers for promotion.

Q2.This was the first number retired in Baseball
Lou Gherig #4 in 1939

Q3. This 108 year old baseball record was broken in 2009. What is the record and who did it?
In 2009 Ichiro Suzuki broke the record for 200 hit seasons. It was his 9th. I've been watching him play since he joined the Mariners in 2001. Around that time I moved to Western Washington so it was a fantastic time.

Q4. What do I drink from the “valley of the deer”? Specifically.
Glenfiddich scotch whisky!

Q5. Ronald Reagan voted for FDR how many times?
Four.

Q6. How many more Medal of Honor winners have been Commandant of the Marine Corps (38 total Commandants) compared to Chief of Staff US Army (39 in total)?

Q7. The Ramones met “The only band that matters” for the first time where and when?
July 5, 1974 at the Roundhouse in London

Q8: This was the first song Prince learned to play on guitar
I think it was a Santana song though I can't find a solid reference.

Q9: This President’s first name was Leslie
Gerald Ford.

Q10: What president served the shortest full term.
William Henry Harrison; died having served 32 days after contracting pneumonia during his inaugural address.

Q11: Two women both named Brewer are special in the history of the Marine Corps. Who are they and what did they do?
Lucy Brewer was the first woman to serve in the Marine Corps; Margaret Brewer was the first female Marine general officer.

Q12: Who was the first guitarist with a 100 watt amp?
Marshall produced the first 100 watt guitar amplifiers for Pete Townshend and John Entwistle.

Q13: Who was the very first "center square" on "The Hollywood Squares"?
Jim Backus

Q14: Name a platinum sales certified California band who got their name from a Monty Python skit.
Toad the Wet Sprocket

Q15: The red star that Macy’s is known for came from ……?
A tattoo the founder Mr. R.H. Macy received while a sailor.

Q16: How many noodles are in a can of Campbell’s Chicken Noodle Soup?
Ostensibly, 215 noodles; 32 feet worth.

Q17: What 2 US Army Generals held the highest titled rank ever given in the United States?
The rankGeneral of the Armies was awarded to John Pershing and later (posthumously) George Washington.

Q18: Who was the first Major League player to have an at bat in the month of November.
Derek Jeter on Nov 1st, 2001.

Q19: What was the first complete movie shown on television in the US?
Police Patrol shown in 1931

Q20: Who played Eddie's Girlfriend in the Tom Petty video "Into The Great Wide Open?"
Gabrielle Anwar

Q21: What company’s amplifiers powered the first Woodstock Music and Arts Festival?
You got me there. Probably Marshall.

Q22: This day was the first the New York Stock Exchange closed early due to bad weather.
February 11, 1969

Q23: What is this? N = R* • fp • ne • fl • fi • fc • L
This is Drakes Equation. The corollary to Drakes equation is Fermi's paradox.

Q24: Who was the first New Jersey native elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame?
Billy Hamilton

Q25: Who was the first American casualty of World War One?
This one took some digging. The first US casualty of WWI was PV1 Cuit R. Hall, killed 27 July 1917.

Q26: The United States Army Air Corps first bombed Hawaii on this date.
Wait, what? Oh cool. The Army Air Corps dropped bombs on a lava flow on 27 December 1935 to divert its flow.

Q27: This supergroup might have been called “HELP” until one of the people who was supposed to join died. Who were going to be the members?
Shoot, I have no idea on how to tackle this one.

edited to provide a couple more answers and to clean up formatting