• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

80 Gauge ?

obmike

I was in Philadelphia on business and went into Holts.  Looking around, I saw some 80 gauge cigars.  When will that novelty end?  

The Black Cloud said:
Anything above 54-56ish and I'll pass.  I don't care to have a toilet roll tube in my mouth.

This.

Really, anymore I don't like anything above 52 unless it's a torpedo or perfecto.  And give me a nice corona gorda anyday!

~Boar 

And for shorter smoke times they can make a 4" x 80 gauge, which will make it look like my tuna can.  :laugh:

I smoked an asylum ogre (7x70) and that took forever. I normally like smaller ring gauges but someone I trusted recommended it so I figured I'd give it a try. Tat sucker was overboard, an 80 gauge is ridiculous.

I guess you use a vacuum to drawn the smoke and suck of the exhaust vent? Talk about Debbie does Dallas.

Let me clarify. 2 for me 2 for a friend who is paying me back. 1 I will attempt to smoke 1 will be for the novelty ( look at this! Factor )

I had ordered a few of the Perdomo Inmenso's for shits and giggles a few years back.  For $4/stick, they were still overpriced/lousy cigars.  

Everyone in the bar would have to walk over and ask where you get cigars like that.  You could set it down standing on its ash just fine (since it would lay in the ashtray).  It would get the girls excited, until you brought them home and they found out the cigar was the biggest thing they were going to see that night....

The whole big ring thing is a fad.  Yes, bigger ring smokes have some advantages, but some disadvantages as well.  Some of my fave smokes are lanceros, so big ring does not equal a better smoke automatically.  I'll stick with the good smokes, let other guys chase these ridiculous monsters. 

Back