• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

80 Ring Asylum 13 Review

extremeXconcepts

eXtreme Concepts
Ok guys here it goes.

Asylum 13 80x6.  
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Habano
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan

Full bodied Nicaraguan puro. With an appealing oily, dark brown cigar wrapper and spicy rich aroma, this large ring gauge double corona provides rich coffee and white pepper flavors. Made by Christian Eiroa of CLE Cigars.

I first saw this monster when posted in a thread here on CP. This MONSTER got me hunting to find one. After a few days of internet searches who would of known that my local shop had these things in stock! I bought a few of them 1 for collection, 1 for myself, and 1 I sent to Tall Paul for a PROPER review.

So I let this thing rest in my humi for a week or so, staring at it day after day trying to figure out how, and when. I came up with the idea, maybe I can hook it up to a shop vac, and stand behind the exhaust and take drags that way.... and have someone light it for me with the torches in our shop..... Maybe a little over board so I scratched that idea.

Once I got this thing lit the first thing I tasted and smelled was a hint of something sweet. Maybe a little chocolate and or cherry, but on exhale more toward a leathery note, followed by a SLIGHT ever so slight peppery finish. (1st thought, wow not to bad! not to bad at all) This thing considering it size had a VERY light draw, and produces mammoth amounts of smoke.

Now im going to add a little note here before I continue, (I have stomach issues, and this has happened before without a cigar, so I am unsure) But I want to say it now I may have become Nic-Sic at the 3/4 mark, becoming very dizzy and nauseous. Followed by getting rid of my lunch, and then I felt like a MILLION bucks and was able to finish the beast. (I just wanted to add that in here before I kept going)

So burning through the 1st quarter I continued to get sweet notes followed by a little pepper, But as I crossed the half way point I now am starting to notice the pepper notes are taking over, becoming stronger, and followed by the sweet chocolate after taste. As I approached the 3/4 mark (now getting sick) the chocolate notes are completely gone, Stronger pepper start and finish with a scent of leather.

(time to go get sick, and consider throwing in the towel.........)
(ahhh much better)

Come back and wouldn't you know, its still burning strong, But starting to burn pretty uneven. I decided to torch the edges a little to straighten this monster out.

Still strong peppery but very smooth smoke down to the nub.

Would I buy this again? YES
Would I smoke this again? YES making sure lots of time to sit down and enjoy SLOWLY being the key here.
Overall? 1 - 100 on my scale....... I give this cigar a 92 based on Appearance, quality and enjoyment.  
Burn quality? Good
Smoke produced? Lots
Draw? Very Easy

Well not the best review, but that's what I can throw together quick while at work between paint jobs. Now I hope Paul can do a proper review on this monster! Still to come is the EL MUNSTRO 140+ ring. Not sure when but stay tuned.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:11118]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:11119]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:11120]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:11121]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:11122]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:11123]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:11124]

Great review Jeff and thanks for putting this together.  

Nice review.  Thanks for sacrificing your jaw and your lunch.  :thumbs:

Nice review.  I've been looking for a cigar with a chocolate/warm sick room note.  And now I've found it! :)

Doesn't sound like something that I'd be interested in. Thanks for being the test-dummy! :D

I was looking forward to this review.  I applaud you for sticking with it.  Most would have called it quits and curled up in a corner after the sickness set in!  

I considered doing that. But what fun would that of been? Gotta build the courage to tackle the el munstro now. Unless paul gets to it first.

ironpeddler said:
Nice review...how did your jaw feel after smoking that monster?
He probably looked like this when he was done:

Damn close! Shorter hair, minus shoulder pads.....and the Million Dollar name off that picture, and DING DING DING we gotta winner. haha