• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

80% ?

blair said:
Buy a new hydrometer?
Well it was up at 85% and it has dropped to 70% and it is staying like right at 70%... i tested the hydrometer and it works fine. it's strange, but is it safe. I mean if it stays at 70% i shouldn't have to worry right. as long as i keep an eye on it.

donstuprich said:
blair said:
Buy a new hydrometer?
Well it was up at 85% and it has dropped to 70% and it is staying like right at 70%... i tested the hydrometer and it works fine. it's strange, but is it safe. I mean if it stays at 70% i shouldn't have to worry right. as long as i keep an eye on it.
I prefer mine to stay at 70%. Most people will say that they prefer 68%. Is that 2% going to make much difference? I don't know. Maybe. Still, 70% is fine. Especially since you're probably like me and have a hard time keeping the humidor lid closed for long! This is good, as it freshens the humidor air. Keep in mind, though, that since your humidity has been high for a while, your cigars may have little-to-no draw. Those babies need to rest. :thumbs:

Hey, not trying to scare you, but my humidity was high for a while too. It was also kinda hot during that time. To my dismay, I found what may have been tobacco beetle larvae on my sticks. The funny thing is that after brushing them off the cigars for a few days in a row, they seem to have gone away. That was 2 weeks ago, and nothing since. Maybe they were baby cockroaches (gross!!). Either way, I would keep a sharp eye out for little crawling things, especially if it's hot in your area.

I bought a 150 count humidor from e bay and I was very suprised of the quality and tight fit. I know it is very air tight due to the fact that the lid gives a pretty good amount of resistance when opening due to the tight vacume. You could let the top fall down on its own and you dont hear it slam closed due to the air tight build. I am very happy with it.