• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

'98 Trinidad Fundadores

texasaero

Cooler Troll
Reaction score
Had a mix of Marsala, Table Red, and Remy VSOP with this cigar. Yeah, it took that long. This one came from a split, run by BD.

Construction was marred by a split wrapper at the foot. Otherwise it would have been very well made and consistent in guage. The split was corrected a while ago by the use of pectin. Feel was medium firm. Color was stained dark oak. Sprinkles of green followed the light veining on the wrapper. Pre light draw was surprisingly medium light. Draw strength required was similar to a large gauge robusto. Lighting was easy. Burning was straight with no trouble until the last quarter. In the last quarter, burning was difficult to sustain. Several relights were required. Considering that a Laquito No. 1 requires slow deliberate puffs, burnouts complicated the experience and made for some stale puffs near the nub.

First quarter smoke brought on heavy cedar tastes at full power. This taste caught me off guard. I prefer the earthy and coffee tastes of Bolis and Partys. But this turned out very pleasant. It had a very light twang. Heavy tobacco taste and aroma. The cedary wood taste remained strong and constant throughout the smoke. The twang left after the first quarter. Smoke was voluminous until the second quarter. During the second quarter, it thinned to light blue. Despite this the taste did not change. In the third quarter, the smoke picked up to voliminous chewy and stayed that way even after relights. Woody taste strengthened and added a tingling pepper taste to the tongue when the last quarter of the smoke began to burn.

Overall, the smoke was filled with cedar, without the occasional harsh burntness from an RyJ or SLR. The taste was constant throughout the smoke which is rather one dimensional to someone who smokes piramides/campanas regularly. A port or heavy sweet wine will go well with this. I intend to smoke these with a port with light fruity tones for added complexity needed in the smoke. :thumbs:

I got one of these resting in my humi. Might have to pull it out soon now. Thanks for the review! :thumbs:

I smoked one of these over the weekend and enjoyed it very much. One of my favorites, no doubt. Getting near the end of the cigar I found it to become quite spicy, almost numbing the tongue.

Would love to find a couple more to put back.