• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A Bad Cigar Night

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
Have you ever had a night, when you just want a cigar, and everything tends to go wrong? Well I did. Went and lit up cigar #1, didn't taste right. Tasted really bad, actually. So, I get get another cigar. I think it was a Cohiba. Cut the end off, light it up, and I can't get a drag off of it -- it was plugged! So, Now I have the taste of 2 cigars in my mouth, and it's not very pleasant. I go for a third time. Get yet another cigar out (cigar #3) -- La Gloria Cubana. I figure I can't go wrong with it. So, I get out my cigar lighter, flip up the top and the damn thing falls apart, and I lost a part to it! The peice where the flame is flew out. So, I go get some good stick matches, light up my LGC... LGC's are usually very good, but it just didn't produce much smoke at all.

After 3 bad cigars and a broken lighter, I called it quits. Anyone else ever have an experience like this?

Rod :sign:

Rod,
Sorry to hear about your downer evening :( Sometimes things are just not ment to be I guess ??? But I am also a firm believer of getting back up on that saddle again and giving it another college try (and all that other rah rah bs) ;) Good luck on tonights attempt/s :D

I think at that point, I would have broken those stogies up and stuck them in a pipe LOL..

I've been through the same situation several times myself. The best thing to do is after the second attempt...go to your local tobacconist...buy a stick and light it up there. That way if the bad luck continues you can smoke through his humidor free of additional charge until you finally find one that will burn...LMFAO :D :p :D

TheBeast said:
go to your local tobacconist...buy a stick and light it up there. That way if the bad luck continues you can smoke through his humidor free of additional charge until you finally find one that will burn...LMFAO :D :p :D
I'm sure that would go over well. :D

sometimes it's better to just go to bed. :lookup:

Hope tonights smoke goes better for you. :thumbs:

Rod, happened to me once, got a plugged Cohiba I think it was.........anyway, I found a toothpick and gently reemed that thing out until I got a decent draw!

I refuse to give up on a good cigar, so, if you think you have some plugged sticks and don't want to get frustrated, send them my way! lmao :sign:

I dropped my favorite "Volcano" butane lighter a while back and it never worked thereafter. Bummer! I replaced it with a Prometheus, which works even better. Darn thing is made as solidly as a Mercedes-Benz. Dropped IT onto the kitchen floor a couple of days ago, but so far it's still working fine...for now.

Some days, nothing goes right....

I've had a few bad cigar days, but eventually I keep going back to the humidor until I come across a winner. OR, I say "the heck with it," and go inside and watch TV. (I don't have any Lars in my humidors, so a bad cigar day doesn't happen often! LOL!)

Sam

Bummer Rod... that sucks! :angry: I've had bad cigar nights but none like that. When I'm having a bad cigar night I'll quit at two attempts and switch to something more reliable.... BEER! :D

Aloha,

Wade

Just came in from out back. I looked at my ashtray outside and saw 4 cigars in it. I forgot that I tried 4 CIGARS LAST NIGHT! I forgot to mention the Connie that was also extremely plugged!

Anyways, had an Opus X tonight. Nice long smoke. It made up for last night! :)

Nice Rod! That's a great way to make a come back! :thumbs: :D

Aloha,

Wade

Sounds as though we had about the same night. But i only went through 2 cigars and then called it quits. My first one taste off and the second one i couln't keep lit. Even though the second had been in my coolerdor for a couple of months i just couldn't keep the #$%@ thing lit. The first one was my own fault it was a JR Alt. The only thing they are good for is mowing grass with. Sorry to hear ya had a bad night. I quess it just wasn't our nite to smoke. :p

Man I amost feel guilty, last night I didn't have any cigar problems.

It's just the way it goes Rod, Im sure you wont have a replay of last night soon.

Hb