• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A bomb with Great Timing

Puros

I was Bombed

Let Me start from the beginning.
Last week was one long week.
Monday started with me sleeping through a major exam((*%&^*&($(*##$alarm).
Tuesday was a day of homework (3000 word essay) and a busy night shift at work.
Wednesday, I was greeted in the AM with the parts for my new PC at my door step. Gleefully, I ripped open the boxes with great anticipation only to find that they had forgot to ship a critical piece(the CPU fan for you PC geeks out there). It was like the Prom all over again. Then up all night with a sick kid.
Thursday, at work again except for a full 24hr shift that started at 0'dark hundred. I was up for the complete 24hrs. No sleep and several priority calls. For the Emergency Services guys, we know it is part of the job, but it can be a bitch.
Friday AM, I drag my tired ass out to my truck, get in, put in the key, turn the key and....RURURURURURUR.......RURURURURURURUR........RURURURURURUR........click,click,click.......&*&^*()&^*%$%$@#$(&*&(&*%#$
Damn truck wouldn't start .
I would have screamed but I was too tired. And I knew I had a another shift in less than 12hrs. After some investigation I found that it wasn't getting any fire. I called my wife to come get me.

She showed up an hour later with beautiful smile, a change of clothes and a package for me.

I was Bombed. I opened the box to find several great sticks, all maddies and large ring (my favorite style). It felt great to get the bomb but I had a truck to fix. I spent the next 8 hrs under the hood, but I was able to drive it away. I then had to pick up the missing piece to my new PC.

Now, here's the best part. Here I am, been up for the last 40-48hrs, physially and mentally drained. Still had to find my way home to shower and change for 12 more hrs of lights and sirens. A glance over to the box of sticks showed me that my salvation was within reach. I grabbed the first stick I saw. A Onyx Mini Belicoso. I marveled in its smooth rich sheen, the full scent of the tobacco, and the mastery of construction. It was almost a shame to light it up and I repeat "almost". Ignoring the advice to let it sit in my humidor for a few days, I cut the end with my Tomohawk knife/cutter combo. Oh, ****, I thought, nothing to light it with. Like a mad man, I searched my truck for something. Eureka, found mathes in my Winter travel supplies. Holding them like a straved man with his first morsel of food. I struck the match, lightly toasted the foot. Then and only then did I put the puro to my lips and light it. The first waff of delightful smoke washed over my taste buds lettng the ghostly flavor roll around for a while before exhaling with great relief.
With that exhale of blue tainted smoke went all the fatique, gone was the stress of the past week, gone was the dredd of the impeding shift. I spent the next half hour listening to The Radio Factor, savoring my new favorite, and humming quietly to myself.

Thank you, bombardier. You timing was right on the money and spoke to a six sense of what might be needed. PM has been sent.

Gang, I summit to you that I have just found the definition of "GETTING IT". Now, I have to reach that standard. :D