• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A call to all Texan's

Horse

Member 200
Have you noticed the insurgence of new yankee's?? Time to do some recruiting guys. :p :sign:

It's only because it is so cold up there. They are staying indoors, so they have time to play on the computer.

I tried to lure a couple of Louisiana guys in. I need to find some more smoking buddies within driving distance.

Horse said:
Time to do some recruiting guys. :p :sign:
Naw....... we can take em....... let me tie one hand behind my back to make it fair! :D :sign:

It's -15 right now in the beautiful Twin Cities. Needless to say, I'm not hanging around outside for a smoke. I "snuck" to the basement for a Gurkha Centurian tonight. The mrs. wasn't too happy about it, but it was sure nice down there for me. :)

Big Slim Junior said:
It's -15 right now.......
-15 ....... WTF? So what you're telling me is that I can go out into my garage and crawl into the deep freezer and still be warmer than yall? :0

OK, question...... I'm so sheltered ;) ...... what happens if you try to take a piss outside? :sign:

Big Slim Junior said:
...... but we have indoor plumbing up here. :p
ROFLMAO! :D

So I guess yall just don't venture outside much in the winter time eh? Makes sense! ;) :)

Allofus123 said:
OK, question...... I'm so sheltered ;) ...... what happens if you try to take a piss outside? :sign:
This piss melts the snow. :lookup: LOL

Actually, if you think you get "shrinkage" from being in a cool swimming pool...:0

Frostbite on the man-meat is no good. :( When it's this cold we just stay inside. If you work in Minneapolis, you can almost get from one side of downtown to other via the skyways without venturing outside.

Ok, enough thread jacking. I'll let you Texas boys get back to whatever it was you were talking about. :)

One last thing... it's -16 right now.

Big Slim Junior said:
I know it's probably pretty novel in TX, but we have indoor plumbing up here. :p

:D :D :D
hah! hah! :D

Well at least we get to ride our horses to work and school down here!

Gosh listen to me. Originally from California, and have lived on both east and west coasts, I told myself I would never live in Texas. The Army dropped me off here in '85, and I stayed. Even got in the oil biz. I love it here! It's so wide open, inexpensive to live, and easy to make money. I wish Texas was an independent country. We might even join OPEC! :p

- Thread Jack on -

Hey Texan CP'ers!

This Yankee will be in Houston most of next week....Any of you good Folks in the area want to get together and burn one (or more?).... ??? ??? ???

If not at least point me to a good spot where I can burn a few! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Shoot me a PM !

- Thread Jack off -

kurtcigar1 said:
- Thread Jack on -

Hey Texan CP'ers!

This Yankee will be in Houston most of next week....Any of you good Folks in the area want to get together and burn one (or more?).... ??? ??? ???

If not at least point me to a good spot where I can burn a few! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Shoot me a PM !

- Thread Jack off -
This is the best cigar bar in the world! I frequent it. Great place for chasing skirts on Thu evenings. Jazz trio on Tue evening. Bring your own cigars, the mark-up is double. Voted 2nd best place in Houston for single women to find a millionaire, so lie about the size of your wallet when you get there.

No. 10 Downing Street

Regards,

4A

I might be able to do that.... would have to be more of an afternoon (3-4pm?) thing for me. If we do, I'd suggest Downing Street. PM me your schedule and lets see what we can work out.

Looks like 4A beat me to the Downing Street suggestion. Agree that the "action" picks up later into the night at this place..... somewhat a 20's/30's crowd last time I was there. Early afternoon one can enjoy a cigar without it being a crowded bar scene.

Keep me posted on whatever is decided and I'll try and make it.

Four Aces said:
It's only because it is so cold up there. They are staying indoors, so they have time to play on the computer.
Can you blame them? -15 BELOW ZERO, etc....

I went to a local cigar shop recently, one I havnt been in- in a loooooong time (I dont like the owner, but thats a long story I wont go into now). So when I walked in, theres a new employee- and older gentlemen from NYC, and he explained he's lived in NYC his whole life and recently (4yrs ago) moved to the DFW metroplex, when I asked why- He said "The Weather!" .... He said he was tired of -xx windchills, 90% humidity in the summer, and the extreme cold damp weather associated with the big apple.... He loves it here now, said he's a real texan, bought himself a ford f150! :D

Well, I'll see if I can get some of our local DFW herfers to come and visit CP :)

Kurtcigar1,

You must be coming down here for a NACE event or something. Yes, I'd like to meet and talk to you about the API erosional velocity equation, C factors, and all that other crap about erosion and corrosion of wellbores and pipelines. The API standard is being misused in applications where sand is in the flowstream. My understanding is that the API standard is only applicable when there are corrosive products to erode.

This is good cigar bull**** talk we can do at Downing or:

Champs restaurant, or McCormick & Schmick. Both have cigar friendly bars. Also you can by smokes at the Cigar Vault. DO NOT buy at Downing Street, as the mark-up is double retail.

See the link about Cigar Vault and the other restaurants in the same shopping center. These places are also babe-ilicious. :D

Uptown Park