• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A chance to meet Rocky Patel

mr.mac

Just thought I would pass it along. Cigar Shop and More in Addison, Texas will be hosting a Rocky Patel event on June 26th and guess who will be there to enjoy a smoke with... Rocky Patel. :thumbs: Rocky will be launching his new Summer Collection, which I understand is part of his new seasonal release effort. Sounds like a pretty uniqe blend!

EVENT LINKEY

Here is the adress and info...

Cigar Shop and More
4285 Beltline Road
Addison, Texas 75001
Phone: 972-661-9136

The event will be from 4 - 8pm.

Well I for one will most definately be there. Hope to see some of my Texas BOTL there also...

mac

I got the email for this today and will try to make it. It also said they had La Riqueza cigars in. :thumbs:

Just bumpin' this thing...

Hope to see some of you guys on Thursday!

mac :thumbs:

For all of those in the area, try and make it. Rocky's a great guy to talk to and has an interesting story on how he got in the biz. Fun guy to be around. And for those who think his maduros are dyed, I suggest you ask him personally.

For all of those in the area, try and make it. Rocky's a great guy to talk to and has an interesting story on how he got in the biz. Fun guy to be around. And for those who think his maduros are dyed, I suggest you ask him personally.

In my experience, a dyed Maduro will stay very darks as it burns. There will also be tell tales signs at the veins.

In my experience, a dyed Maduro will stay very darks as it burns. There will also be tell tales signs at the veins.

I had a discussion about this a while back with someone, and asked Rocky when he came to my store. He said he DOES NOT dye

I had a discussion about this a while back with someone, and asked Rocky when he came to my store. He said he DOES NOT dye

Isy, I hope yiu didnt take my comment as a conviction of Rocky Dyeing his wrapper. I was merely pointing out that it is easy to pick out a dyed Maduro. I don't normally smoke Rocky Patel cigars, and have no opinion one way or the other. I'm sorry if I wasnt clear.

Isy, I hope yiu didnt take my comment as a conviction of Rocky Dyeing his wrapper. I was merely pointing out that it is easy to pick out a dyed Maduro. I don't normally smoke Rocky Patel cigars, and have no opinion one way or the other. I'm sorry if I wasnt clear.

Not at all, Mad Monk. This is just something that I had heard from some people, so I took it upon myself to ask Rocky personally. I got a kick out of his reaction. That is why I said you (or somebody) should ask him. As for Rocky's cigars, I sell them and a whole lot of other smokes. I don't take it personally when someone criticizes a certain line of smokes. You gotta smoke what you like and that's it. If you don't enjoy it, you shouldn't be smoking it. Take care, brother

Cant make this. I have a dinner to pick out the food for the wedding reception that night. arggggg

Have fun guys!

Guys, I should be there around 4pm. Lookin' forward to it!

I'd like to go but my cigar budget has been severely cut down due to Joe Cigar and cbid. Enjoy!

I met Rocky back in February. I didn't get to talk to him much (I didn't have much time and everyone was talking to him) but it was very cool to meet him. Seems like a very laid back guy, someone that it would be great to sit down and have a smoke with,

I'd like to go but my cigar budget has been severely cut down due to Joe Cigar and cbid. Enjoy!

Greg - I got your smoke covered if you're interested.

No biggie if not...

Thank you very much for the offer mac but I wouldn't feel right smoking on someone else's dime. Hope this is a good time for everyone involved.

Good time tonight! Had a chance to meet Rocky and talk a bit about his new seasonal collection. Smoked the Summer 2008 robusto and I must say that it was a damn good cigar! Nicaraguan filler, cameroon binder and I believe a sumatra seed, Ecuadorian wrapper. It had some great peppery punch in the beginning and then smoothed out into a sweet, yet well balanced smoke. I nubbed that one and lit up a Decade torpedo, which was good but not quite as flavorful after that Summer blend.

Rebel and Niko... always a pleasure smoking with you fine gents. I'm looking forward to the next one! :thumbs:

mac

Great time Mac with you and Niko. You are spot on with the Summerblend Robusto. I nubbed mine and really loved it, glad I have a few extras. :whistling: :0 nice to see you are doing well and good luck with the interview process.

Excellent time guys, good to see you again Mac. Jeff, save some spaghetti for me! :laugh: :laugh: :whistling: