• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A Christmas Review

SamGuss

A couple of us decided that we wanted to share a smoke on Christmas day, so we all lit up at the same time in our own same time zones, a Hemingway Between the Lines.

Using a punch cutter, I opened up te appropiate end of the cigar and checked for draw and then torched the other end, drawing heavily to get a nice cherry burning. I was rewarded with a plume of fragrant smoke and after the first couple of draws settled into a nice routine of taking a pull off this little cigar, petting my cats and every so often handing it over to Melly so she could have some.

The wrapper combination was very interesting and played a nice role in the particular tastes of this cigar. A combination of cream and light nutty taste, much like you would find with a Short Story combined with some chocolate taste which I attributed to the dark maduro wrapper portion of this cigar.

This cigar had so much hype going into it for me. First it was one of my "dream" cigars and though I rarely if ever share my real "wish" list, this was one of the cigars from my wish list. It was also gifted to me from a really good friend and was one of the individuals that lit up a similar cigar at the appointed hour on Christmas day (well night actually). It was these three things though that truly carried this cigar though.

I wouldn't say I was disappointed with this cigar, as I wasn't, but the hype over this cigar did cloud my perception of what it should have been like. In the end it was no better or worse than any other Hemingway I have ever had - this isn't a bad thing as I happen to love the Hemingway line. It is a cigar though that because of it's rarity and price, I doubt I will hunt for in the future though, as the others in this line are so much easier - and cheaper to come by. That all said though, it being a dream cigar of mine, knowing my friends in their own parts of the country were lighting up at the same time, I would not have wished for a better cigar at that time.

The BTL experience rates high - 95 at least.
The BTL cigar itself I rate actually a little lower than some other Hemingways I have had in the past - but also slightly higher than some too - an 89.

In the end it made for a great Christmas cigar, and if I were to have any more in the future would be a holiday cigar to smoke with friends - just as it was this Christmas.

Sam

Nice review bro,

I really enjoyed mine as well. I honestly went into this thinking that this was going to be another "over-hyped" cigar. I came out of this pleasently surprised and very happy. There was definetly something unique about this cigar, that the rest of the Hemmingways lack a bit of, but that said if I had anything but water to drink with it I think I might have missed some of the lighter flavors in this cigar.

Truly a great experience, and with everything that was planned around the cigar (a buddy lit one up same time as we did) I really had a good time!

I had heard that the goal when smoking one of these is to NEVER ash the cigar, your supposed to be able to hold onto it until the cigar is gone. The ash on my cigar dropped 2 puffs short of a finished cigar. I was a beautifull site and I hope that next time I can get it all the way down.

Phil

I had hoped that this would be a great cigar but this expectation fell short ??? I have a feeling that the box I have will be up on Ebay or Yahoo very soon!!!

Fast4Dr said:
I had hoped that this would be a great cigar but this expectation fell short ??? I have a feeling that the box I have will be up on Ebay or Yahoo very soon!!!
Interesting in selling/trading a couple of 'em my way?

moki said:
Fast4Dr said:
Interesting in selling/trading a couple of 'em my way?
I think shady Mr. 4dr is trying to get the whole box off as one unit.

Now I on the other hand might be able to get a single in your hands! :0

Phil

Phil said:

Ahh, that'd be cool. I found a place that you can buy an entire box of 'em from, but at $995 a box ($39 a smoke), it seemed like less than a good deal. Especially considering the reviews of it that I've read.

moki said:
Phil said:

Ahh, that'd be cool. I found a place that you can buy an entire box of 'em from, but at $995 a box ($39 a smoke), it seemed like less than a good deal. Especially considering the reviews of it that I've read.
I'm not getting rid of the whole box Phil :angry:

But if I did it would be for $750 ;)

Fast4Dr said:
moki said:
Phil said:

Now I on the other hand might be able to get a single in your hands!  :0
I'm not getting rid of the whole box Phil :angry:

But if I did it would be for $750 ;)
Oh ya?

Well I'll take some singles of your hands then.....

:p :p :p :p :p