• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A contest for retailers - Done

chadth

I floated this idea across a few long term members last year and even though they thought it was a good idea, I saw some potential roadblocks. After some more thought (and seeing some serious issues) I thought I would give this a go.

I run a small security consulting company in Seattle. We specialize in application security and work with some of the largest companies in the world. We are transparent, honest, and believe in giving back to our communities.

So the contest is, the first retailer to respond to this thread that is in good standing with Cigarpass (I will look towards Rod to weigh in here), is privately held, and retails via the web, I will provide the following:

- A security assessment and/or code review of your site
- A professional report outlining any identified issues and recommended corrective action
- A few hours of my time to discuss results with appropriate personnel

The work will be done off hours and the results of the assessment will be covered by a mutual NDA. I will be happy to provide personal and business references. My motivation is to ensure customer data is actually secure and your exposure to fraud is minimal.

We can work out any additional details offline.

Thanks,
-Chad

I work with web application security as part of my job, and this is no small offer! Sometimes is easier not knowing, that is until your hacked.