• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A Contest

preembargo

Sleeping not so peacefully
We’ve all seen Moki’s patented measuring stick (the ever-present Quarter you degenerate) however, I’ve spotted an exception. Somewhere Moki has used a coin other than a Quarter as a reference. Looks like a good idea for a contest to me.

Object:

Identify the coin AND cigar

Rules:

1. First person to post BOTH correctly, wins

2. There will be no second or third place prizes awarded except as noted in the disclaimer below.

3. Participants must have been a member for a minimum of one month prior to contest date.

4. Only one entry post (any additional thread jacking posts are perfectly acceptable and will not probably won’t affect your entry.

5. Players must not have any delinquent debts with any other member(s).

6. This contest will run until there is a winner. This should take all of about 10 minutes so get to googling.

Prize:

A not so bad fiver.

**Disclaimer- In the event that there are additional instances of Moki using coinage other that what I’m looking for, consolation prizes will be awarded for up to two separate instances. No more than two consolation prizes will be awarded. To assure the integrity of this contest the winning answer has been sent to Moki (although he kinda knew it already) **

Its a Padre de la Patria coin and Project X from Planet 9

Domican peso and Project X from Planet 9

Nicely done tkoepp and Shooter! But there can be only one. tkoepp was first and more specific.

http://www.vitolas.net/displayimage.php?album=27&pos=28

Juan Pablo Duarte (1813 - 1876) is the "Padre de Patria" - father of fatherland and a recognized Dominican national hero. Almost every city in the country has a street that bears the name of Juan Pablo Duarte. Finally, the head of a one-peso coin bears his image.

tkoepp, pm me your addy and I'll get your winnings out Tuesday morning (holiday weekend).

Hmmm thats like calling a quarter a george washington coin.... oh well congrats

Hmmm thats like calling a quarter a george washington coin....

Or calling the Susan B. Anthony Dollar a Susan B. Anthony Dollar :laugh:

Actually Susan B. Anthony coin.

I am just being a sore loser cause thats what I was gonna post. I thought you were looking for more than just reading the label off the coin thats all... Oh well I got beat no biggie.... Next time I will not think as much and be quicker on the draw.

Cheers and thanks for the contest.

Shane

Not too mythic IMO but interesting none the less. Congrats to the noob!

Not too mythic IMO but interesting none the less. Congrats to the noob!

Not very mythic at all, just making a feeble attempt at a play on words- mythic proprtions, measuring stick.