• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A de Fussigny

Robbmt

Thermal UP!!!!!!
Just opened the bottle last night with an Ashton VSG.

Will keep trying to try and discover more from it, but for now let me just say that if you can imagine what it would be like if there was a Tootsie Roll cognac this would be it.

The Cigare Blend is 25 yo stuff, did you like it or are you unsure?

I'm partial to Remy Martin, and I've never tried any A de Fussigny congacs.

That Cigare Blend is pretty much in tha same category as an XO isn't it? Is there much of a difference in A. de Fussingy XO and the Cigare Blend as far as taste?

By law an XO only has to be 5 years old. The BNIC (Bureau National
Interprofessionnel du Cognac) sets the minimum ageing rules in France and I don't know who does it here.

A. de Fussingy lists their Cigare Blend as 25 yo the same as their XO. The Fine Champagne Vielle Reserve is 30 and the Tres Vielle Grande Champagne is 50. The Remy Martin Louis XIII is at least 40 year old but the Extra is 20 yo and the XO Excellence is 10. These are all minimum ages and there are far older cognacs blended in.

Tried it again, no smoke tonight just a sample of liquid.
A description from Le-cognac.com Boutique...

For the cigar connoisseur, a special blend of Grande and Petite Champagne, delicate, mellow and intense at the same time.
TASTING NOTE:

Aspect:

Deep brown, amber, red mahogany. Great clarity, typical Fine Champagne viscosity due to a long stay in oak barrels.

Nose:

First nose: youthful and supple with hints of oak-wood from the Limousin forrest. Complex wooden notes. Spicy notes of cinnamon, saffron, nutmeg and curry.

Second nose: explosion then persistence of floral notes combined with dried fruit notes(apricot and fig) nuts and almonds.

Mouth: supple, warm and wrapping, very progressive/gradual and aromatic.

A confirmation and enhancement of the nose

All I can say...
This blend is a dark amber, unlike any other blend I've seen yet. On the nose I too welcome the idea of spiced fig (To go further in detail I can not). The nose is very full and you can almost sip the vapors that emanate from the glass (that might be the oak in there)
The body to the drink is fairly round however punctuated by the astringence of alcohol that dissipates early with a floral note of the grand champagne. After a mild burn the finish is the highlight of the experience that grows from flowery into a nutty cocoa. Altogether I stilll get the Tootsie Roll idea in my head from this.

I'm still not sure if it's great, but it is definitely potable. I think next time it will be with a nice mellow honey type of smoke instead of the bold VSG