• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A double corona to remember

FlyingPanther

I have been in Hawaii for the past week and have had a wonderful time. I brought lots of cigars to enjoy and have loved all the ones i have smoked. I woke up one beautiful morning and sat out on the balcony with a cup of Kona coffee and had an AF Between the Lines. What a great combination that made for an epic morning. I have also had a Tatuaje black label that was exceptional and a variety of cuban cigars. But it was the cigar that i decided to smoke this evening as the sun sets and my trip comes to an end that really has made me contemplate the double corona vitola.

The cigar that I speak of is the Partagas Lusitania. What an amazing flavorful smoke. I have found that I do not smoke double coronas very often because I usually just don't have the time to fully enjoy them. I tend to smoke coronas, robustos, petit coronas and lanceros mostly with the occasional figurado thrown into the mix. Last Christmas I picked up a 3 pack of the Lusitanias and while i was choosing my arsenal of cigars, I decided Hawaii was the place to finally smoke one. The funny thing is that even though I am here in Hawaii and I have all the time in the world, I was still hesitant to smoke the cigar. I kept choosing other cigars over this monstrosity of a stick. However, as today is the last day of my trip i decided it was time. My girlfriend decided to take a nap, so i decided to light my Lusi up. I am not one for describing elaborate flavors in my cigars, but I have really enjoyed this smoke. What has really surprised me most is that the cigar is extemley flavorful but the smoke itself is very smooth. This cigar reminds me of a great jam, where the music just goes on and on. This cigar really delivers with every puff and has been a true joy. And the best part is I still have a third to go.

I have already decided that I will be making a concerted effort to smoke more double coronas as well as other large format cigars in the coming new year. One of my new year resolutions will be to find time each month to enjoy a double corona. I sure am glad that i have a couple of more of these waiting for me at home.

Cheers and Happy New Year,

Nic

I've been meaning to try one of these for awhile....you've really piqued my interest. :thumbs:

I have only smoked one of these and it was from '93. What a fantastic smoke. Too bad I can't get anymore that old.

Absolutely one of my favorites. Too bad it is too cold for me to keep firing em up right now!

Don

Thanks Nic for the fantastic review. What was the box code on the Lusi that you lit up? I haven't had much luck with Lusi's in the past. I've has several flavorless examples from 02' and a lackluster 05' and 06'. I've heard so many wonderful things about these cigars; I just think I've been unlucky.