• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A Frapin Cognac EXTRA

Robbmt

Thermal UP!!!!!!
I have been working on my appreciation of cognacs for the last couple of months but I can not do justice for this blend. So I found this online ...

Vinification: A legendary blend of Frapin family reserves, with an average barrel age of 40-50 years. The recipient of a coveted Platinum Medal from the Chicago-based Beverage Testing Institute. At Frapin no more than 2 hours are allowed to lapse between harvest and pressing. Frapin cognacs undergo an entirely natural fermentation: jno cultivated yeasts are added. To retain freshness of fruit, filtration is not permitted at Frapin. Distillation is conducted in one of Frapin’s four special Charentes copper stills. Frapin cognacs are subject to a double-distillation process. Aging is conducted in Limousin oak casks.

Description: Color - Rich mahogany with copper reflections

Bouquet - Smooth, complex, subtle.

Taste - Recalls toasted walnuts, dried fruit and old leather.

I was thinking dried apricots and some rounded base. Walnut? leather? Maybe in the finish wich is fairly long. Maybe in the next glass ;)

Thanks Robbmt!!

I ordered a bottle of Remy XO that should be in tomorrow. I had a taste of Louis XIII a few weeks ago and now I'm hooked on the high end ones.

The only problem with Louis XIII is I can buy LOTS of ceegars for what it costs for one bottle ($1,200 and up) of that fine stuff.

Well, I can dream, can't I?

Remy -- Very Nice

I finished a meal yesterday at Bahama Breeze restaurant (excellent) with a Hennessy XO. So Smoooooooth.

Another restaurant in the area will serve me a Louis XIII at $50 a serving.
Still waiting to deepen my appreciation before stepping up .

Robbmt said:
Remy -- Very Nice

I finished a meal yesterday at Bahama Breeze restaurant (excellent) with a Hennessy XO. So Smoooooooth.

Another restaurant in the area will serve me a Louis XIII at $50 a serving.
Still waiting to deepen my appreciation before stepping up .
A $50 plate, a $50 shot, and a $50 cigar goes mighty well together! Granted I can only do it once a year, but still very nice to treat yourself!
Emo

Robbmt said:
Hennessy XO. So Smoooooooth.
MMMMMMMMMMMMM

I :love: Henny XO!!!!

I have had to hold off on the SUPER GOOD stuff as well, but I am eying a bottle of Henny Extra which I bet will be GREAT!!!!

But I can't find it for less than $350 not sure if that is high or not.

Phil

Hennesy paradis extra -- very smooth and round. Flavors are varied but with mineral undertones.