• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A friend is gone

Doc Wylie

Curmudgeon
Just received the shocking news that my eldest son's father-in-law passed away this evening in Chicago at the age of 65 - much too early to leave this world. He was a second generation Irishman who loved his family greatly and was loved much in return. I only had the privilege of knowing him for a little over four years, but in that time we had become good friends -sharing holidays with our families, knocking around on the golf course, room-mates on a trip to Vegas with my boys, and of course tipping a glass or two from time to time while discussing the fortunes of his beloved Bears and Cubs. The kind of guy you could sit down and pass the time with like he was your brother - and the kind of guy you could always count on. The profound sense of loss I feel for his family and his many friends is immense and the sadness I feel tonight is overwhelming.

May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.

Rest In Peace, Billy Churchill

Sorry for your loss. Sounds like a great man.

Sounds like one of those rare gems we are fortunate to get to meet in our lifetimes.

Sorry for your loss Brother.

My condolences to you and the family, Doc.

I have spent a couple mornings each week for the past few years at a local coffee shop where a regular group of men we jokingly refer to as the "Board of Directors" sit, have coffee and solve the world's problems. At 47, I'm one of the youngest of the group and the majority are 20 - 30+ years my senior. The stories they have and life experiences they share are priceless. We've had a couple of them pass away over time and they are fondly remembered in conversations when one of their hot buttons would have been pushed by a topic being discussed or we recall some funny anecdote they had shared. We can learn a lot from our elders and time spent with them is time well spent.

It sounds like your son's FIL was one of good ones. Remember the time spent with him and pass on that which you learned from him. In that way his legacy lives on through you and your family.

Very sorry for your loss as well as that of his family.

Soryy to hear the sad news Tom, my prayers are with your entire family through these times........ :thumbs:

Sorry to hear this news, my thoughts and prayers are with your family.

Sorry about your son's loss. Thoughts and prayers sent.