• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A. Fuente Hemingway Signature

bpj87

Go Bulldogs!
Arturo Fuente Hemingway Signature
grand corona
Camreoon wrapper
Dominican filler and binder
6" x 47

Let me preface this review by stating that I had a few burn and draw problems which somewhat detreacted from the experience. The stick required several touchups and had a tight draw even after several enlargements of the smoking aperture. Long story short, I need to try another one before passing any final judgements.

The stick had a decent looking wrapper with a few prominent veins and a nicely crafted perfecto style head. Prelight draw was mild with some hints of pepper. It lit up well and burned to the full RG of the cigar suprisingly evenly. The first to thirds of the smoke were similar: mild to medium, little flavor except for some pepper in the background. At the last third, this really ramped up. All of a sudden, there were strong notes of spice, wood, and leather with a wonderful smoothness. Unfortunately, within another inch, the stick was getting hot and had to be parted with.

Overall, I was a bit disappointed. I was not getting large volumes of smoke, perhaps due to the draw issues. The lack of flavor until the last third was also a let down, as it lasted for such a short time. When this stick was performing, it performed very well, but most of it was fairly boring.

Has anyone else had similar experiences with Hemingways in this vitola? I suppose I just need to give this another shot.

-Bryan

I love these, but I don't smoke many of the Cameroons. I prefer the Maddies.

I have had some burn issues, but usually just at the beginning with the tip. After it gets going, and a couple of touch ups I usually don't have a problem.

Right there with ya Wyatt. I've strayed away from the cameroons the past year. The hemi sig maduros, that's a whole 'nother story. Definitely give those a try next if you can. MmmmmmmmmM. :)

I have a maduro that just came in the mail (thanks Jonesy!) which I'm eagerly waiting to try. The maddie > cameroon sentiment in this line seems pretty universal.

I really don't care much for the regular Hemingway line, but the Maddies are a whole different story! I think you will have an entirely different experience with the Maduro.

x3 on the Maddies, one of my favorites. On the other hand I gots love for the cameroon version as well, they are kinda of my everyday smoke.

Disturbing to hear of draw issues. These are my "go-to" cigars. My absolute favorite readily available vitolas are these and the WOAN. I have been stocked up so I haven't bought any for about three years but I really hate to hear that these may be slipping. These are the first cigars I ever stocked for aging purposes and I am rewarded every time I light one. Again, I am very sad to read this.

As for the Maduros. They suck, you want to avoid them at all costs. :whistling:

Disturbing to hear of draw issues. These are my "go-to" cigars. My absolute favorite readily available vitolas are these and the WOAN. I have been stocked up so I haven't bought any for about three years but I really hate to hear that these may be slipping. These are the first cigars I ever stocked for aging purposes and I am rewarded every time I light one. Again, I am very sad to read this.

As for the Maduros. They suck, you want to avoid them at all costs. :whistling:

I was disappointed as well with the issues. I suspect that it may just have been just an off stick. There was frequent and plentiful tar buildup as well, which forced me to repeatedly have to make a new cut.

I think, and really hope, that if you give it another go you'll have a much better experience. I've NEVER had one with tar, so hopefully you were just the victim of a roller who was PMS-ing or something, LOL.

Most sticks that don't burn well are due to storage problems. Most, but not all. Sometimes a stick disappoints for no apparent reason, you have smoked
several out of the box and up pops dracula. Flyfish, I like the PMS-ing, good analogy...so fugged up... :laugh:

Brian

Could have been stored at a high RH?

It has been a consistent 64% RH for the month or so the stick has spent in the humi. I really would guess that I simple had one of those rare but annoying bad sticks. It wasn't foul or plugged, just wasn't all that interesting until the final third and sufferred from a tight draw. :(

Nothing annoys you more than getting a plugged stick, especially when you pay good money for it.

Not like you can test smoke it.

I have to agree with the maddies, great smokes. I was wondering if the wrapper had blown up on you also.