• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A Journal for Jordan

PunchLibertad4Me

As a vet and one whose son proudly serves as a member of the US Marine Corps and whose Daughter-in-Law is pregnant with our grandson, I read this excerpt and the tears flowed.

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/story?id=6519229&page=1

For all our young men and women who have placed their lives on hold to fight for our country, we owe them a debt of gratitude. For each of us who are fathers, I encourage us to hold our young ones, regardless of their age, a little closer tonight or the next chance we get. Tell them how special they are, give them your blessing and be thankful for who they are.

As soon as the doc releases me to drive again (hopefully this Friday) I am off to Barnes and Noble to pick up a copy of this.

Thank you for sharing that.

This sounds like what you are "supposed to say", but in all truth we owe these people so much.

It shakes all of us when we think back through all the wars our country has fought in and all the good people who lost their lives for us. It should shake us, and we should always remember that jolt.

I know CP stands hard behind our troops, but it is always good to hear it again and again so we never forget.

Sorry for the rant, but the article got me going too.

Yeah. Everybody cares so much for our veterans that the Veteran's Administration is still criminally underfunded.
There are Vietnam vets exposed to Agent Orange and who have developed Diabetes and a host of other diseases that still can't get service connected disability benefits.
There are Korean and WW II vets still don't get service connected benefits for hearing loss and severe arthritis and a host of other ailments they incurred while "doing their duty".
There are vets from the 1st and 2nd Gulf wars that are refused service connected benefits for PTSD and that odd creeping crud they contracted over there.
Spend an hour at one of the VAMC's and it'll break your heart.

Don't give me that hooey about how much you care and appreciate their service. If you care then write your senators, congressman and house members and get these guys covered. It's disgracefull how veterans are treated. Step up.

NA

Having been stationed at the Pentagon for five years, and having a daughter buried at Arlington National I became very familiar with the plight of those at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. As a result of that experience coupled with my "Spirital Fater" still dealing with PRSD issues, I have actively campaigned for better VA Benefits and will continue to do so until they throw dirt in my face.

I concur, we must lobby those in office to put in place proper legislation to bring about permanent and progressive benefits for all members of the Armed Forces.