• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A new favorite sipping rum

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
I don't know if this will completely take the place of my Ron Zacapa 23 but it will sure give it a run for the money. Vizcaya VSOP Cask #21, hints of clove and cinnamon on the finish, sweet but not as sweet as Zaya to me. This is some good stuff. Should be about $40 if you can find it and find it you should.

Vizcaya%2021.JPG

I don't recall seeing it in the stores 'round these parts, but I'll keep an eye out for it. If I can't find it then I'll just order one. Thanks for the tip, AVB.

Hrmmm I'm a big Zacapa fan, but I might have to give this a try.. Nothing like a Zacapa and coke

j/k on the coke :)

I'm not a rum guy but did sample some Cockspur 12 at a tasting a few weeks ago. It may have converted me. If any of you rum guys have tried Cockspur 12 please let me know how it compares to the better rums out there.
TIA

Found it! $34. I'll be sampling it this weekend.

Thanks for the heads up Ray, and thanks for keeping my must try list too long!

I got to try it yesterday. It's pretty sweet and it's got really good flavor. Some of the flavors caught me by surprise because I'm so accustomed to drinking the Zacapa, a rum I consider very refined. To me this one's got a bit more edge, but in a good way. Ray's unsure whether it supplants Ron Zacapa and I can see how he would feel that way because it's pretty damned good. For me, Ron Zacapa is still better, but this is six dollars cheaper. I can see keeping them both on hand.

I gotta figure out a way to get paid for this someday :p

Just finished a bottle of this. This is a darn good rum! it will not supplant Zacapa as my favorite but it will definatly share time with the zacapa.

Need to find something to do with the bottle as it is actualy pretty nice.

I agree that it doesn't supplant the Zacapa 23, but IMO it's nearly as good. And at $35/bottle, the price can't be beat. I had some of it along with the Ron Zacapa and Gosling's Old Rum this weekend. Ron Zacapa and Vizcaya are both excellent. The Gosling's is refined but it lacks the flavor of the other two. And it costs nearly twice as much.