• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A Newbie Multi-faceted Review

SamGuss

Despite risk of getting a dry socket less than a week out from my teeth being pulled, I had to have a cigar. After this multi-faceted review, you will soon see why. The good news is that I am still well and no dry socket occured. Nor, do I plan on having another one until my last stich falls out.

After a busy day at work yesterday, I attended my second wine tasting, which went extremely well as I discovered a couple of real good wines. Being short on cash this week though, I only took home one bottle which was only $10. It was the 2000 Payra Crianza, a red wine that is 80% Tempranello and 20% Graciano, made in Spain.

Since we were expecting company for dinner last night (they never did show up), Melly made an awesome dinner last night. Terriaki marianated steak pieces with mushrooms and new potatoes. The Payra Crianza mixed very well with this meal. The wine itself had a full body taste, remenance of ripe plums and black berries, low in sweetness, acidity and tannins. This wine was superb and as stated before mixed well with the taste and saltiness of this great meal.

So you are beginning to see why I had to do it. After a great meal like this and some fine wine to go along with it, I just had to have a cigar to polish this all off with. Not any cigar would do either, so I decided on a 1999 Partagas Petite ISOM. The narrow profile and rough wrapper appeared to be just the cigar for the occassion. The light and draw was easy and soothingly smooth. The tastes of light woods and spices was an excellent contrast to the big meal and strong wine I had just finished and settled my pallette down in a very soothing way.

The cigar smoked evenly, slowly and well with hints of sweet mint that left a refreshing aftertaste on my pallette (and sore mouth). I didn't nub this particular cigar, not wanting to increase any damage to my mouth, but it did finish well and left me more than satisfied on a great eveing of life's little indulgence of a great food, wine and the leaf.

In the end I rate the food a strong 98, the wine a 90 and the cigar a 92. Life just doesn't get any better than this.

Sam

a.k.a. The Newbie Reviewer

Yeah...dinner was the ****...I must say I did an outstanding job on it *grins* Nice review baby ;)

Melly