• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A North Texas Herf

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuroBrat

I am not here :^)
OK.... Here is the deal:

Several of us have decided to have a Herf here in North Texas (Location yet to be determined, but looking at Wizzard's Sports Bar in Richardson)

We have talked about Dec. 28th (the Sunday after Christmas) but for plannings sake we may want to move it out a little further, unless you guys think we can pin it all down in 3 weeks. I don't know that we need to go all out like MattR does for that Herf, I am thinking just get together and smoke what we bring and chat face to face, Sound good? or should we do something special?

I need some ideas on what we want to do and when we want to do it and who wants to be there in the first place. So post your thoughts!!

I'm there... I don't know anything about MattR's herf, but I'm thinking with that many of us (hopefully), it'll be eventful enough without extra planning.

I'm a big fan on Cool Rivers in Las Colinas- its a little pricey, but the cigar lounge is amazing and beautiful- Drinks, food, lots of seating (depending on the # attending), pool tables, big screen tv's, etc... BUT HEY: I'm not a chief- I'm an indian, so whatever the plan is- I'm in.

:thumbs: Toaster

I don't know that we need to go all out like MattR does for that Herf

Oh yes you do :D

If I'm gonna fly into DFW for this, I want DAVIDOFFS, lots of 'em

Oh yeah and some Dunhills would be nice too!!!

I am IN!

Another option is one of the Rusty's Pool Halls (one in Arlington, one in Ft. Worth) - they are owned by an ASC regular, Hutch.

I've never been to or heard of Cool Rivers, but I'm up for whatever you guys think is good! Just remember not to plan it anywhere in Dallas because of that nasty smoking ban!

ScumBags banning smoke, get a rope!!

I know that Wizzards is in Dallas County, but it isn't in Dallas, not sure if it is just Dallas (city of) or not

Didn't you say it was Richardson?

The ban isn't county-wide, just city-wide

coventrycat86 said:
I don't know that we need to go all out like MattR does for that Herf

Oh yes you do :D

If I'm gonna fly into DFW for this, I want DAVIDOFFS, lots of 'em

Oh yeah and some Dunhills would be nice too!!!
U forgot to say ISOM

For those of us who live in the DFW metroplex- If you have not been to, or heard of Cool Rivers, check them out. As I understand it, they are partially owned by one of the guys who owns Fox and Hounds. Its a upper class pool hall, with a 5 star restaurant on the left side, and pool/rec area on the right side. I mean when you pull up to it, the valet is full of Rolls Royce, Mercedes, Jaguars, Ferrari's... Its no dive.... The cigar lounge has a humidor filled with hard to find AF stuff like all sorts of Opus, Between the lines, etc... You can't buy anything there- they've got 1 opus that's like $150 or $175 a stick.... The rich suckers buy 'em- but savy cigar smokers would never pay that!

Here's a link. with some pictures... If you live around here, you've got to go at least once.

http://www.coolrivercafe.com/Dallas/

Wow ... looks a little too classy for my tastes. I'm a Texas Roadhouse vs. Steak and Ale kind of guy. LOL

I looked at it, it looks awsome, but I can promise you that I can't afford it! :0

So, Shuji, how is that Garage Lookin ;)

I am looking for a place that would be better than Wizzards, but it is hard to find. Wizzards in Richardson on a Sunday night would not be crouded, so we could even skip the Private Room and grab some tables, play some pool or whatever.

PuroBrat said:
I looked at it, it looks awsome, but I can promise you that I can't afford it! :0

So, Shuji, how is that Garage Lookin ;)

I am looking for a place that would be better than Wizzards, but it is hard to find. Wizzards in Richardson on a Sunday night would not be crouded, so we could even skip the Private Room and grab some tables, play some pool or whatever.
I'd say Wizzards would be good, proably.

If anyone hit my smoking room right now, all they'd find is an empty room. Give me some time to run the cable, get a TV, a pool table and some couches! :p

Cool Rivers, like any other steak/cigar restaurant, is hitting you up HARD for the atmosphere. I gotta say though, the Sullivan's steakhouse in Austin has an impressive Opus stash. They've got almost every size imagineable. Of course, each stick will run you the tab of your dinner, if not more.

Sick, isn't it?

:p

MAN, what I wouldn't give to open a reasonably-priced cigar store in Dallas with a lounge. Anyone with the money for funding, email me!

:sign: :sign:

OK guys, check this site...

Wizzards

Thinking of a Skybox, as I recall they told me before that it costs like $80 but I will go there and double check that information.

Either way, if we get a skybox and a buffett on order with snacks, then we can split the cost and I think it would be very inexpensive.

Then we could always just reserve Tables and they do not charge for that.

Hey PB, what's this Membership that's required to get in? (it says something about it on the reservation form, but it says it's free)

Status
Not open for further replies.