• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A pause for a moment of thanks...

MiamiCubano

El Martillo (My Boxing Name)
So this weekend my lovely esposa cubana and I attended a little get-together at a friend's house that was a combination birthday celebration and bon voyage party. There was a fantastic cool breeze blowing (something much appreciated, but very often in short supply here in Miami), as well as intermittent showers.

I lit up one more of my dwindling supply of a 1940 pre-embargo cuban Gurkhas, and passed out a few other cigars to some good friends. A Perdomo '93 reserve tubo, a Romeo y Julieta Maduro Series, a Don Tomas Corojo Fat Toro, etc. Here a puff, there a puff, everywhere a puff, puff. There were great smokes abounding.

As I poured out some single-malt (stay tuned in the Saloon for the review), I took a moment to reflect on some things. I'm not sure, but the whole environment of having friends move a way gives one a moment's pause to consider such things.

Number one, I was so very thankful for all that we have in this life. I am thankful for living in the greatest country in the world, and for being surrounded by an incredible family and wonderful friends. As easy as it can be to bitch about certain things and life's frustrations, we are abundantly blessed to be able to partake of life's finer offerings, and to share them together with friends, families, loved ones, and even jackasses who do atrocious and unthinkable things to their cigars.

I am thankful for this board and this community...for being able to have this wonderful place to come back to share things with...bits of advice, questions, sharing experiences such as these, scotch, whiskey, bourbon, cognac, moonshine, isoprophyl, sterno, mickey's big mouth, Thunderbird, etc...reviews, etc....That's a testament to each and everyone of you, for making it all that is.

So brothers and sisters, I raise a glass of outstanding single-malt (neat) to you all...as well as a beautiful cigar...and wish you the best, and say thank you.