• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A Photo ID Challenge for a Selection of Everyday Smokes

garvey

I got sucked into one of these challenges when I was a newbie and lost a significant part of a day trying to come up with answers. I lost, but it was still fun -- oh, the quest....

Who is eligible? Anyone with a join date after me!!! (After December 19th, 2007)

So here's the challenge.

I have posted five photo albums online. Each album contains photos that are related to one another -- your challenge, answer the questions listed below pertaining to each photo AND identify the connection between the photos. You can find the photos here: Darryl's Photo Challenge

The first person to post the most correct answers by midnight Sunday, December 7th will win a dozen everyday smokes PLUS a very nice bonus cigar. (Although I don't think it should take that long.... but who knows!

So here you go.

Connections 1
Photo One: Who is the manager yelling at the umpire?
Photo Two: Who is the injured relief pitcher?
Photo Three: Who is the player in the middle?
Photo Four: Name the umpiring crew
Connection Question: What special event night led to this brawl? What teams were involved?

Connections 2
Photos One through Four: Identify the players
Connection Question: How are these photos connected?

Connections 3
Photos One through Three: Identify the people in the photos
Photo Four: Identify the event in the photo

Connections 4
Photo One: Who are the two people in this video still?
Photo Two through five: Who are the people in the photos?

Connections 5
Photos One through five: Who are the people in the photos?
Connection Question: How does photo five relate to the other four?

I'll check in and give hints if necessary, or updates as to leaders. Connections 5 is the toughest -- you can "unwind" the others with a sense of one of the photos. I wish you all well....

Good luck!!!!

I'm going to edit this as I work on it.

Collection 1
#1 Billy Martin ( I think questions 1 and 2 are reversed for their pics)
#2 Fergie Jenkins
#3 Tom Hilgendorf
#4 Joe Brinkman, Nick Bremigan, Larry McCoy, and Nestor Chylak
#5 10 cent beer night, Cleveland Indians and Texas Rangers

Collection 2
#1 Bull Durham
#5 They're all rocking some bitchin facial hair :)

Collection 3
#1 Eddie Gaedel
#2 Bill Veek
#3 Steve Dahl
#4 Disco Demolition at Comiskey Park
#5 These photos are all related to Comiskey Park/Chicago/Baseball

Collection 4
#1 Bob Knight & Neil Reed
#2 Mike Davis
#3 Dan Dakich
#4 Kelvin Sampson
#5 Tom Crean
#6 Former and current IU coaches

Collection 5
#1 Aristotle with a Bust of Homer
#2 Isocrates
#3 Plato (this one is 100% a guess, but seems to fit)

I think it's bedtime now. I started from scratch on every album except for #4... theres really a lot of info out there on the internet.

Ery

If #5 is Joan of Arc (which was in my head, but had no way to verify), then I will say that they are all related by being progressive thinkers who were ahead of their time.

I can't believe no one has got number 3 from connection 5. Come on guys.

Well, I thought there would be more interest.... Hmmmm.....

Connection 1
1) Billy Martin
2) Tom Hilgendorf
3) Jeff Burroughs
4) Joe Brinkman, Nick Bremigan, Larry McCoy, and Nestor Chylak
5) Ten Cent Beer Night @ Cleveland Municipal Stadium. Texas Rangers vs. Cleveland Indians

Connection 2
1) Leon Durham
2) Bill Buckner
3) Dennis Eckerseley
4) The Great Mookie Wilson

Connection: Durham replaced Buckner at 1st Base; Eck Traded for Buckner; Mookie hits 3-2 pitch through Buckner's legs in Game 6 in 1986

Connection 3
1) Eddie Gaedel
2) Bill Veeck
3) Steve Dahl
4) Disco Demolition Night
5) Bill Veeck brought Eddie Gaedel to the St. Louis Browns; Dahl, along with Veeck's son, orchestrated Disco Demolition Night.

Connection 4
1) Neil Reed & Bobby Knight
2) Mike Davis
3) Dan Dakich
4) Kelvin Sampson
5) Tom Crean
Pictures of head coaches from Indiana University; Knight, Davis, Sampson, Dakich, then Crean

Connection 5
1) Aristotle & Homer Bust

*edited for answers*

Connection 2
1) Leon Durham
2) Bill Buckner
3) Dennis Eckerseley
4) The Great Mookie Wilson

Connection: Durham replaced Buckner at 1st Base; Eck Traded for Buckner; Mookie hits 3-2 pitch through Buckner's legs in Game 6 in 1986
Now that's what I am talking about!

I was born in 1980. Not too far off from you. I remember my uncle putting me up on his shoulders after the Mets won the series.

And we have a winner! Nasty correctly answered 21 questions and takes home the prize. But don't worry Eryxis, you win the consolation prize.

PM me your addys and I'll get your prize winnings out this week.

Since this is done... Connection 5 picture 3, I recognized it as soon as I saw it, remembered it from the seminal text for learning Latin in the English speaking world: Wheelock's Latin. It's Cicero denouncing Catiline.

This was a great contest thanks, I think something like this could be made SLIGHTLY better if each contestant PM'd their answers to you and then posted in the thread they had done so. That way everybody starts from scratch. I actually was worried I had ruined the contest by posting my answers first, but after carefully reading the rules I didn't see anything about not doing it so I left it.