• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A question about AF Anejos

vewyphishy

The Original Smoking Fish
The #55 Belicosos are 6 x 55.

The #77 Sharks are 5 7/8 x 54.

They're almost identical in size and shape. I know the Shark has the Reserva Xtra Viejo plastic. Are there any other identifiable features?

I ask this because I have 2 Anejos. One is #55 for sure. The other is practically the exact same shaped cigar... but it has a cedar wrap and a red ribbon at the bottom with the RXV labeling down the length of the cigar "bag" (for lack of a better word). Could it be an RXV #55? Or do those not exist?

Any idea what the latter is?

Phishy, I think the shark that I have has a red ribbon on the end but no cedar.

FYI, hope that helps you figure something out.

Phil

I don't believe it is a shark. I thought they were round at the foot growing into a square box pressed form.

Robbmt said:
I don't believe it is a shark. I thought they were round at the foot growing into a square box pressed form.
Robbmt is correct. ;)

Well if neither has the squareness shape...then you might have a first release Anejo #55...which wouldn't have the cedar...and then a current or most resent release #55 which would have the cedar. As long as no one has messed with any of the packaging you most likely have a 1st and 2nd release...I would guess. :)

Hey Vewy - I know where you got that stick and I'm pretty sure it's an original release as Jeff says :)

Original release 55? Well, whatever the case maybe... me like. :) Although still curious...

This is the Anejo I have. It is a #77 Shark
anejo55.jpg

Fast4Dr said:
This is the Anejo I have. It is a #55 I believe

anejo55.jpg
Square to round. I smoked this exact cigar about 4 months ago. If I could only smoke 1 cigar ever again, this is the one. Personally, if I were part of the Fuente company, I would producea little more Anejo's. Not only are they a better cigar than the Opus, they can make more money on them.

Emo

Round to Square, red ribbon on foot and no cedar = Anejo No. 77 Shark

Round to Round, cedar wrapped = Anejo No. 55

Anejo White Band, slightly yellow, no cedar = Original Release Anejo and they are DOG ROCKETS! Send them all to me! LMAO!

Aloha,

Wade

The Beast is probably correct. Though I have had some first release Sharks that lost the "squareness" over time. The original release Anejos would not have had a red ribbon at the foot. They were in plain cello. More recent Anejos, last couple of years, had a red ribbon and a cedar wrap, plus the addition of Xtra Viejo on the cello. The Sharks had the red ribbon and no cedar wrap.

Too confusing. So it looks like I have an original release 55 and a post-release 55.

:sign: